Windows 8 tablet

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
maeve

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8 tablet

Post by maeve » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:40 am

Hi
I have a surface RT tablet and a windows 7 64bit pc and I have downloaded the necessary software on that pc. I have a Telstra modem so I don't know how to set port forwarding but my pc is not recognised when I try scanning.
Can I set up My Media Centre from my tablet? Thanks!

DanH

Post by DanH » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:48 am

I am not familiar with the needs of this app, but...it sounds like either a firewall or discovery problem on your PC is blocking your ability to see it.

Assuming that both devices are connected to the same physical or wireless network...
Go to Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center on BOTH devices and make sure that (while connected to your home network, both are set for "Home Network" or "Work Network"...not "Public Network". This is located in the "View your networks" section of that page..

If that does not resolve it, then try disabling the Windows or other firewall on the PC. If it then works, then you need to configure the firewall to allow that app to work thru the firewall.
Was Danh_HP_m376n

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 am

Are you trying to access the PC via (local) wifi or remotely? It will not work on another network until the port is forwarded
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation