Launching Videos directly through WMC

markaconley

HTPC Specs: Show details

Launching Videos directly through WMC

Post by markaconley » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Hello Folks,

I have a Blind friend who loves Star Trek and wants to have voice control access to all the ST TV Shows, Movies, through Windows Media Center Video/Movie Library.

I am attempting to create a way for him to launch the Videos and/or Movies directly but saying "Play Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Episode 1"

I originally thought that this would be a simple thing to do by using the following command line: c:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe d:\movies\video.wmv. But that does not work.

Do you know what I am missing? What I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 pm

You may be able to do something like that with one of these : http://www.amuletdevices.com/
newfiend~

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Kinect may also work for that purpose. There is a developer kit from Microsoft that you can use to program Kinect with, or just use it with XBOX as extender.

Edit: if the friend is blind, can't you just have the audio tracks loaded on the ipod/iphone and use SIRI to control it with?

markaconley

Post by markaconley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 pm

That might work, but he does a home entertainment system that he shares with his children and friends. They watch the programs as he listens to them. The benefit for my friend who blind is that he can ask one of the viewers to elaborate on a scene or an event that he may not understand.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it.