Live TV not working

sgibbers17

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV not working

Post by sgibbers17 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm

I have windows 8 media center, I installed Remote Potato and now live tv is not working. I uninstalled remote potato and live tv is still not working. If I tell WMC to record the channel it will record and play in the recordings tab with no issue. When I select live tv I get a blank screen of the WMC background. The play/pause button shows the play symbol and when I click it, it shows the pause symbol for a split second and goes back to the play symbol, never changing from the blank WMC blue backround.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 and I installed the WinTV software. Live TV works in the WinTV software. So this seems to be a WMC issue.

I then installed the XBMC backend and frontend, live TV will even work there but not in WMC

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I would start by re-running the TV Signal setup wizard. Although this will reset any guide tweaks and scheduled recordings.

Do you have a system image (prior to installing Remote Potato) that you could restore?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

You can repair the system files. Open a command prompt as administrator and run:

sfc /scannow