FS: Ceton InfiniTV Tuners

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
MolsonFL

HTPC Specs: Show details

FS: Ceton InfiniTV Tuners

Post by MolsonFL » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 am

Have a PCIe 6 tuner card and a USB 4 tuner that I'm looking to get rid of. Both in good working order, just leaving Media Center and have no need for them any longer.

Was looking to get $300 for both. Willing to separate and negotiate. Let me know!

Easiest way to contact me is email. adam @ thursbyandfamily . com.

The six tuner card has a super power that I will disclose to the buyer. Older six tuner and not commercially available...

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 am

Leaving MC? Say it ain't so Adam!
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

STC

Post by STC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

It's that damn new TiVo isn't it?! ;)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm

MolsonFL wrote:The six tuner card has a super power that I will disclose to the buyer. Older six tuner and not commercially available...
:eh:

Explain...

MolsonFL

Post by MolsonFL » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 pm

STC wrote:It's that damn new TiVo isn't it?! ;)
LOL nope, not the new TiVo though I considered. I'm going a cheaper route however. Plex server, 12TB of storage, RSS for shows and Rokus on every TV. Done in one small box. Hooray!

The six tuner has been spoken for. I still have the 4 tuner USB if anyone wants to make an offer

STC

Post by STC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 pm

When you say RSS are you referring to Torrent downloads for TV shows?
Hmm... :(

/if not then I apologize for misunderstanding.

MolsonFL

Post by MolsonFL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 pm

STC wrote:When you say RSS are you referring to Torrent downloads for TV shows?

Meh, I won't lie. Yes, I'll be downloading programming and using Plex to serve it to multiple Rokus throughout our home. That said, I'll say that my method is still at least 'quasi legal'.

I'm maintaining my full digital cable subscription including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz. Love HBO Go and besides, I got over the "COOL I CAN GET THIS FOR FREE!" thing a few years ago. My main concern is making something that is more stable and with better features. Plex lets me do that since it plays damn near any file type. MC won't. As well, having my recordings in WTV format means I can't watch them on my phone while out of the house. My PlexPass let's me sync to my phone and it maintains resume points when I get home. Love it.

MC will still be used for back up in our home and will continue to record certain shows to ensure they're available no matter what but as far as being front and center? Plex+Roku for now. Until someone can do something better.

That said, 4 tuner USB still up for grabs here!!! :)

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 am

MolsonFL wrote:
STC wrote:When you say RSS are you referring to Torrent downloads for TV shows?

Meh, I won't lie. Yes, I'll be downloading programming and using Plex to serve it to multiple Rokus throughout our home. That said, I'll say that my method is still at least 'quasi legal'.

I'm maintaining my full digital cable subscription including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz.
Yep - that is pretty much what I have resorted to for CCI stuff. It may not be totally legal, but I can't be convinced is it immoral (nzb not torrent).

xnappo

MolsonFL

Post by MolsonFL » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 am

What are you using to index NZBs? That's my prefered method but since nzbsrus.com when down I've been lost! Would much rather use that.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 pm

^ You know, I'd have to ask this goes to PM, as ultimately, it does cross the line on what's allowed here on TGB, sorry to be the party pooper.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm

I have a friend who tried to convince me of the bliss that RSS is. He cut the cord. I told him that I didn't want to go searching for my shows, and that every "free" alternative I had ever seen went the way of the Dodo bird eventually. He swore that his setup would be rock solid for years to come, easy to search, and nearly instant access to shows with good video quality.

Yeah... and now he's using Media Center with a CableCARD tuner. In a two year period, he went through three or four different "free" ways to get access to shows. Each one disappeared. Gee, I wonder why?

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Eh, I got no problem with people torrenting. I just don't like when they try to justify it/make it seem righteous. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. There are a select few shows I torrent, but I know and admit it's wrong/thievery with no qualms otherwise.

That said, the reason I don't just torrent everything, and stick with my tuners - it's quicker/more 'on demand'. If you torrent, you have to wait for the show to be over, the video converted, uploaded, indexed, and then downloaded to your machine. That might not be a problem most of the time - but sometimes we go to watch a show right at the time it ended, or like 20 mins after it started so we don't run into commercials. I couldn't do that with torrents so tuners it is for me.

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 pm

staknhalo wrote:Eh, I got no problem with people torrenting. I just don't like when they try to justify it/make it seem righteous. Don't urine on my leg and tell me it's raining. There are a select few shows I torrent, but I know and admit it's wrong/thievery with no qualms otherwise.

That said, the reason I don't just torrent everything, and stick with my tuners - it's quicker/more 'on demand'. If you torrent, you have to wait for the show to be over, the video converted, uploaded, indexed, and then downloaded to your machine. That might not be a problem most of the time - but sometimes we go to watch a show right at the time it ended, or like 20 mins after it started so we don't run into commercials. I couldn't do that with torrents so tuners it is for me.
Oh - absolutely. I still use my cable card tuners and have no intention of giving them up any time soon.

I had hoped the Echo would be the solution, but that didn't happen.

So now I record everything with my Ceton(open and CCI), and if I want to watch a CCI protected show the night it airs in my HT or bedroom then I fire up the XBOX/Ceton. Otherwise the non-protected version is waiting for me the next day to play with OpenElec (which also plays my BR rips). Really the XBOX/Ceton get fired up pretty rarely Game of Thrones is about the only time I insist on watching a CCI show the night it airs.

My requirements are simple: a single box in each room that can play any content I throw at it and supports LiveTV. Just doesn't exist yet.

xnappo