W7CallerID

foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by foxwood » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Unless your phone also sends a notifcation when the call ends, and Notify Pro knows how to handle that, I don't see how auto-resume would work.

Having said that, if I could get W7CallerID to actually pause WMC when a call comes in with any sort or reliability (most of the time it doesn't, leaving me to scramble for the remote and the phone at the same time), I'd prefer that it didn't auto resume. I'd usually have to pause it again to tell SWMBO what the call was about, or go look for whatever it was the call was about.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:20 pm

thanks Foxwood - I agree that a notification needs to be sent. do you know of any way to check this?

using the latest build the pause worked fine for me out of the box? you on the latest build?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 pm

I paid for version 2. Pause on call doesn't work consistently. I didn't get a clear answer when I asked if I was entitled to a free upgrade when V3 was announced, and I'm not paying for a new version to fix a bug. We just don't get enough calls to make it worthwhile.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Foxwood,

I think the developer replied to you in a previous thread:
If you purchase the license early you can upgrade for free
So you can upgrade for free I think?

Pause works great for me in V3 - Very happy now things are up and running although I have a few last things to sort:

1) Resume after call ends does not work yet (but I have emailed the developer of Notify Pro to see if the app sends such information.)
2) "blocked" does not work - so if I tick the blocked check box a call still displays? I assume it should not if ticked?
3) I assume if I select "drop" on the MCE pop up the call should be terminated? mine is not. would like this feature if possible.

If there are any Iphone users out there I would be interested to hear how you get on and if the functions we are discussing currently work or don't work for you also?

Great software - love it.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 pm

LightsOn wrote:Hi Foxwood,

I think the developer replied to you in a previous thread:
If you purchase the license early you can upgrade for free
So you can upgrade for free I think?
If that's a "clear answer" you wouldn't need to say "I think".

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:26 pm

why not back everything up, uninstall the V2, install the V3, and try authenticating it with the same code and key? I am sure the developer would be happy to support he seems fairly active in support. He has stated you can upgrade - or at least that's how I read it. may as well give it a go as great software.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 pm

LightsOn wrote:why not back everything up, uninstall the V2, install the V3, and try authenticating it with the same code and key? I am sure the developer would be happy to support he seems fairly active in support. He has stated you can upgrade - or at least that's how I read it. may as well give it a go as great software.
No, he didn't say I can upgrade. He said that I can upgrade for free IF I meet certain unclear conditions that he didn't specify.

I've better things to be doing with my time than screwing around with buggy software that needs a paid upgrade to get basic functionality working consistently. As it stands, without a clear and unambiguous "Yes, you can upgrade from v2 to v3", it'd be less hassle to just uninstall it entirely, given that we only get a couple of calls a week when watching TV anyway. At least then I could pause the TV just by pressing the pause button wheen the phone rang, rather than having to press the OK button first to clear the W7CallerID popup, before the pause button will work.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Foxwood,

Okay then :?

Hope you get a resolution - I will share any progress I make here.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 am

*** UPDATE PROGRESS MADE ***

So I have been playing with this for a while and have found some useful solutions that I wanted to share. For me MCE would not resume after a call and I put this down to Notify Pro not sending the desired information.
1) Resume after call ends does not work yet (but I have emailed the developer of Notify Pro to see if the app sends such information.)
I found that I could integrate the android 'Tasker' App to send a CMD to my Home Automation System (Micaseverde) to run a scene. I then set up 'Taker' to run said scene on call end (phone Idle). the scene runs a preconfigured 'Inteleremote' (program on local client for remotes - Google will explain) button on the computer in question. This of course does have limitations for multiple clients but is likely workable for multiple clients also if further work was done - just not needed for me. This solution in fact worked better for me as I was then able to have further bespoke control such as turning off voice recognition when call came in and turning it back on when I ended a call. So all in all a good solution. Tasker proved also useful for many other things but also for ensuring that when I connected to my home wifi network (e.g. when I was at home) my phone would ensure Notify Pro was running to ensure notifications were pushed to W7CalledID. This was useful as through out the day I would sometimes kill apps without realising and as such would get home and W7CalleriD would not work due to Notify pro not running - Takser thus also solved this issue.

I am still working on points 2 and 3:
2) "blocked" does not work - so if I tick the blocked check box a call still displays? I assume it should not if ticked?
3) I assume if I select "drop" on the MCE pop up the call should be terminated? mine is not. would like this feature if possible.
Point 3 is the one I would really like to achieve - e.g. be able to cancel (reject) the call from within MCE by selecting 'drop' as opposed to 'okay'

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm

foxwood wrote:I paid for version 2. Pause on call doesn't work consistently. I didn't get a clear answer when I asked if I was entitled to a free upgrade when V3 was announced, and I'm not paying for a new version to fix a bug. We just don't get enough calls to make it worthwhile.
Sorry guys - I missed my own forum, but I'll try to recover :roll:

1. As I've already answered upgrades are always free- lifetime!
2. Notify Pro does not support call block/drop because it does not have API for it.
3. There is W7CallerID api available to drop call using http call or vb script, I'll publish instructions later(It was developed to support Asterisk drop call)
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:48 pm

If I log in as multiple users concurrently, I get popup errors from the W7CallerID server and W7CallerID client not starting up properly in the later sessions (and the system tray icon for it disappears in those sessions). I guess I could move the startup items to only be for the main user I log in as; - is there a way for the UI to work properly for all users?

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm

glugglug wrote:If I log in as multiple users concurrently, I get popup errors from the W7CallerID server and W7CallerID client not starting up properly in the later sessions (and the system tray icon for it disappears in those sessions). I guess I could move the startup items to only be for the main user I log in as; - is there a way for the UI to work properly for all users?
This item already in todo list. As a workaround you can try to move the startup to main application for the user1 and client for the user2.

meoge

Post by meoge » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 pm

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I'm no longer getting callerID pop ups on the workstation or within WMC7. When I click on test modem and start it detects the call and has the correct number listed, but I get no pop up and nothing shows up in my call logs? Is the latest version compatible with Windows 8.1?

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22 am

Get 40% off of your purchase of W7 Caller ID this holiday season. Use coupon code “holiday2013”.

Offer valid until December 31, 2013.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:39 am

Man, I'm having no luck getting w7callerid running. I'm using the Hiro usb modem.

First, I tried installing it on Whs and never could get the w7callerid service running. It'd start, then quit. So I gave up after spending several hours on it.

Now, I'm trying to get it running on my MCE win7 machine. It installs fine, the service runs, it sees the modem, caller id messages pop up in MCE, but then it just stops working after a while. The time ranges from 10s of minutes to several hours before it quits.

Opening the w7callerid settings window, when I scan for the modem, it no longer sees the modem. When I go to the "test modem" tab, I get a "the port is in use" error message and nothing happens. Unplugging the usb cable from the modem and then re-plugging it in results in the modem being found and working, again for only a short time when it no longer sees the modem again.

Anyone have any ideas where I can look? Could it be a bad modem?

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm

dmagerl wrote:Man, I'm having no luck getting w7callerid running. I'm using the Hiro usb modem.

First, I tried installing it on Whs and never could get the w7callerid service running. It'd start, then quit. So I gave up after spending several hours on it.

Now, I'm trying to get it running on my WMC win7 machine. It installs fine, the service runs, it sees the modem, caller id messages pop up in WMC, but then it just stops working after a while. The time ranges from 10s of minutes to several hours before it quits.

Opening the w7callerid settings window, when I scan for the modem, it no longer sees the modem. When I go to the "test modem" tab, I get a "the port is in use" error message and nothing happens. Unplugging the usb cable from the modem and then re-plugging it in results in the modem being found and working, again for only a short time when it no longer sees the modem again.

Anyone have any ideas where I can look? Could it be a bad modem?
Make sure you do not have any other caller id or modem application running. Usually "Microsoft Fax" service caused this problem

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks for the tip but that doesnt seem to be it.

I disabled the fax service and found another one, Agere Audio routing service", probably from a previous modem, and disabled that too.

No change in operation. Works for a few hours, then it losses contact with the modem. Scanning for modem finds it again on the next com port, its up to com 7 already. So the modem is dropping off line, yet the com port is being held, and then the modem then reappears on the next com com port up after doing a scan.

It isnt the modem either. A new modem does the same thing.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:38 am

Hi
I am really interested in this program particularly the MCE plugin but need some help and advice on setting it up. I have a VOIP telephone system consisting of a Siemens DX600 Gigaset (ISDN) plus Dect handsets and an analogue fax both connected to a DSL router (Fritzbox 7390), additionally the DX600 has a LAN connection to my network via the Fritzbox. I have installed Asterisk and downloaded and installed the trial version of CallerID but it is not all clear to me how I should use/modify the Asterisk templates and Setup W7callerID. Should I setup to connect to the Fritzbox (TAPI utility installed), the DX600 which also does caller ID and address book or something else? I am assuming I can use the modemless VOIP setup but it is not clear to me if my IP, (1und1 Germany), is Asterisk compliant, can't find any info on this! If anyone can offer me advice please be aware I am very much a novice in telephony and networking.

guppy

Post by guppy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 am

Which internal modem works with this software? Dont say Rosewill RNX-56AG, because it is impossible to find anymore.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:20 am

I ran across this posting:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1390801/calle ... t_21690868

Hiro H50158 modem.

I just bought one from Tiger Direct but havent connected it up yet and dont know if it works. Use it at your own risk.