New TWC Channel

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kp4akb

HTPC Specs: Show details

New TWC Channel

Post by kp4akb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Time Warner has added Universal Sports to its line-up. It is Channel 314 or 1314HD. Label is USHD. I can see it on my TW cable Box and on my Infinity6 Diagnostic tool I can check and it says Tuning Channel 1314 succeeded. This channel is part of the Sports Pass which I subscribe to. After an update the Guide does not show the channel. I try to enter "1314" while on live tv all I get is service unavailable. If the diagnostic tool sees it why wouldn't Media Center not play it?
Ed Rios

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Does the channel appear in the Guide? If you go to Zap2It.com and find your guide (based on zip code and service provider) is the channel listed there?

For Media Center to tune a channel it must be in the guide. To be in the guide it must be in the download from Media Center update services, to be in the update services it must be in the source that Microsoft uses for the guide data. Zap2It (Tribune News Corp) is the source for MS (and Tivo) for their guide data.

If a channel is missing, you can tell Zap2It (there is a link on the bottom of the guide page from Zap2It to notify them) and you can file a report with MS Connect but that usually is pointless unless the channel is on Zap2It. Once the channel appears in Zap2It, it usually appears in a day or two in the Media Center Guide.

The next big event here where TWC and CBS are in a shoot out will be how fast the CBS channels will RETURN to the guide and Zap2It once the settlement is reached. Right now we can't tune CBS, Showtime, Smithsonian, etc.

kp4akb

Post by kp4akb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Thank you John, I sent them a message per their web page with the information
Ed Rios

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:48 pm

If your tuner can actually tune he channel, in the set up tile, go to guide, and see if it is visible there, and if it is check marked. WMC may have ignored it because it was not available in the guide. Check mark it, and it should show up in the guide but with "no data available" for the TV listings.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123