W7CallerID

meoge

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by meoge » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I've installed v3 on my server and the v3 MCE plugin on my HTPC but the W7 Caller ID Service will not start on the server. I have the modem and server software installed on my media server in the basement and the MCE plugin installed on my main HTPC in the living room. No caller ID on my HTPC. When I try to start the service it says"The W7 Caller ID Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.". My media server is running Win8 and my HTPC is running Win7. It was working on v2 earlier today.

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:13 am

foxwood wrote:Do existing users get to upgrade, or do we have to purchase the new version?
If you purchase the license early you can upgrade for free
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

meoge

Post by meoge » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Update: My problem was caused by me running Windows 8 Enterprise. If anyone else has problems with the service not running and are running Win8 Enterprise contact sberghici and he can help you out. He got me working and it's a really nice upgrade. You no longer have to be logged in to your server for it to run and the new MCE features are nice.

wmcuser1233

Post by wmcuser1233 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 pm

I seem to be having a issue with the newest version. I upgraded all my clients and server to 3.0 and I was unable to view the logs from the client machine. It said something about a communication problem. So I went back to version 2.2.1 on the server and I was able to view the logs again on the client machines and I left the client machines on 3.0. Am I missing something? Thanks.

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:59 pm

wmcuser1233 wrote:I seem to be having a issue with the newest version. I upgraded all my clients and server to 3.0 and I was unable to view the logs from the client machine. It said something about a communication problem. So I went back to version 2.2.1 on the server and I was able to view the logs again on the client machines and I left the client machines on 3.0. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Sounds like firewall issue. Try to disable it or open port 8010. If it does not help please contact support@w7callerid.com

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Can bobbob please email me I cannot seem to PM you on here.

You can find my contact details here:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/13809651611049680686

Thanks
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

STC

Post by STC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Cw what issues are you having with PM?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm

STC wrote:Cw what issues are you having with PM?
I think that user turned if off.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

STC

Post by STC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Ahh okay ;)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Mon May 06, 2013 6:02 pm

I am having a problem with W7CallerID. It works fine for a few days and then stops working. If I exit and restart the program it will start working again for a few more days. After doing this 5 or 6 times I can not get it to work anymore. I found a post (can't remember where) that recommended deleting some files which gets it working again, but with the same problems.

I am using the Conexant USB modem that is recommended on the W7CallerID website and running the latest version of software.

EDIT: Here is more info on my problem. I opened the Test Modem window in settings. I then made a call and got the following:
AT+VCID=1

OK

RING

DATE = 0507
TIME = 0904
NMBR = xxxxxxxxxx
NAME = WIRELESS CALLER

RING

RING
But I did not get a caller id window and nothing showed up in the logs.

Clevis

Post by Clevis » Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 pm

I am very interested in this software as a plugin in for Skype in WMC. I am using on one PC only w/o a modem. I have installed the server.msi and MCE.msi. I have installed the VB scripts w/ Skype.vbs in my start folder. the .dll is registered/allowed in Skype. Windows firewall all W7***.*** are allowed. I get nothing from W7calleridserver when a Skype call is coming in. Not in Windows not in WMC. I can post whatever info you need thanks for the help.

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:13 am

Clevis wrote:I am very interested in this software as a plugin in for Skype in WMC. I am using on one PC only w/o a modem. I have installed the server.msi and MCE.msi. I have installed the VB scripts w/ Skype.vbs in my start folder. the .dll is registered/allowed in Skype. Windows firewall all W7***.*** are allowed. I get nothing from W7calleridserver when a Skype call is coming in. Not in Windows not in WMC. I can post whatever info you need thanks for the help.
The new version is coming soon with the native Skype support!

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 am

Looking for CID compatible modem?
10$ USB 56k V90 FAX V.92 Conexant 93010 External MODEM for Windows 7 and 8!
- Works in UK and North America:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-56k-V90-FAX ... 0626427751

http://www.w7callerid.com/looking-for-c ... modem.aspx

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:21 pm

thorhtpc wrote:I am having a problem with W7CallerID. It works fine for a few days and then stops working. If I exit and restart the program it will start working again for a few more days. After doing this 5 or 6 times I can not get it to work anymore. I found a post (can't remember where) that recommended deleting some files which gets it working again, but with the same problems.

I am using the Conexant USB modem that is recommended on the W7CallerID website and running the latest version of software.
I am having a similar problem. I was originally using the recommended Rosewill PCI modem and it worked fine for probably 10 months. Then it started giving me issues like you described, and I assumed it was the modem. I recently replaced it with the Hiro USB modem to keep it external and easier to troubleshoot. The issue persists... It works for a day or two and then stops. Rebooting the PC is what I do to jump start it - but I would like to fix it properly since that system is never rebooted otherwise.

Any ideas?

rabbit1543

Post by rabbit1543 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm

I am looking into this app to replace the YAC plugin from babgvant. I have used YAC very successfully for some time running the server on a laptop that was always on. I have recently retired this laptop and no longer have a computer that is always on. I would like to be able to use one of the Linksys ATA devices as the source for all my incoming land line calls. This feature was mentioned a while back. Is this still in the works? My media center setup consists of a couple of PCs (main TVs) and 4 extenders (bedroom TVs). It would be great if i can install the server on all of my PCs and have them act as a client to themselves as well as push out CID to connected extenders. Since all of my PCs sleep, I would rather not have to install the server on a single PC and have the other PCs act as clients.

Thanks

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 am

Hi all,

This looks great thank you to all involved.

I am having some trouble and would like some guidance if possible.

I am running windows 7 32 and the server install of callerID only.

I have struggled hugely with a Bluetooth connection with my phone (android) pairing but not connecting and no services showing under “services” tab where I understand there should be the audio info etc. I then thought that in fact Bluetooth is not the most reliable and not available throughout the house so tried Notify pro after nearly 5 hours of playing around with Bluetooth.

Notify pro works and I can get a test ping to show on my desktop that is running caller id server. However every time I ring my phone the Notify Pro app crashes, I have installed and uninstalled several times. The error received is “The application Notify Pro (process net.sakhter.notifypro0) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”

I seek to get notifications into WMC but will be happy to get that working with the plug in once I have the standard notifications working.
I only have an interest in notifications from my mobile not my landline so don’t need the additional modem I believe?

One further question: I would really love it if it was possible to answer the call on the desktop in question. I have a media centre in our house and it is the hub. It has speakers and a microphone hooked up to it for voice control. It would be great if I could except a call through a notification pop up in media centre and take that call via the computer in the same way I take a hands free call when in the car. Possible? Currently available?

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:58 pm

LightsOn wrote:Hi all,
Notify pro works and I can get a test ping to show on my desktop that is running caller id server. However every time I ring my phone the Notify Pro app crashes, I have installed and uninstalled several times. The error received is “The application Notify Pro (process net.sakhter.notifypro0) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”
If I were you I would get in contact with the developer of notify pro. This is definitely the best way to get android notifications. Works fine on my phone, so it has to be something related to your phone/android version.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply, I have done and hope to hear something soon just was not sure if others had come across this issue. Good to know it should work okay with android though. Many thanks.

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 pm

another thought?

can I use ports 8081 to 8091? or will changing ports cause other problems related to hard coded info in the program?

LightsOn

Post by LightsOn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Interesting finding:

So I have set up Notify Pro again and this time all works - but what changed... Withheld numbers! I have found that if a withheld number calls my mobile then notify pro crashes, otherwise all works fine. Has any one else had this? it makes sense I suppose but a notification stating number withheld would be more helpful if possible?

Also I have media centre stopping on an incoming call but it does not resume when the call is terminated - I have the "MCE Resume Playback after call ends" selected in the "other" menu? continue playback works but I would much rather resume after call end.