Media Browser Add-in

holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by holidayboy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Scallica wrote:I installed MB3 on my test system. There are three components to MB3, which are Media Browser Server, Media Browser Theater (a standalone app), and Media Browser Classic (WMC plugin). As of now, only the server and classic components have been released to public beta. Media Browser Classic requires the Media Browser Server to be running.

So far, MB3 is well done. All configuration is done via a web interface. You can also browse your entire MB library through the web interface and play your files within the browser. However, I cannot figure out how to add icons to each library location or add a default backdrop wallpaper like in MB2.
I just started playing with MBClassic and like it so far, I stumbled upon the solution to artwork for collections too:

Main dashboard>Default Media Library>Click on Configure images and sort orders by browsing and editing.>click on the chosen collection>click on edit (top of page)>click images>click +upload.......

It was A LOT easier in MB2!
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 pm

holidayboy wrote:
Scallica wrote:I installed MB3 on my test system. There are three components to MB3, which are Media Browser Server, Media Browser Theater (a standalone app), and Media Browser Classic (WMC plugin). As of now, only the server and classic components have been released to public beta. Media Browser Classic requires the Media Browser Server to be running.

So far, MB3 is well done. All configuration is done via a web interface. You can also browse your entire MB library through the web interface and play your files within the browser. However, I cannot figure out how to add icons to each library location or add a default backdrop wallpaper like in MB2.
I just started playing with MBClassic and like it so far, I stumbled upon the solution to artwork for collections too:

Main dashboard>Default Media Library>Click on Configure images and sort orders by browsing and editing.>click on the chosen collection>click on edit (top of page)>click images>click +upload.......

It was A LOT easier in MB2!
How is it for stability? I'm mostly curious if it will eventually transcode .mkv when played on an extender like the echo or Xbox..

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 am

I've had no issues with stability so far (beta updates). My echo plays my collection ok - I'm using lav for .mkv
Rob.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 am

holidayboy wrote:I've had no issues with stability so far (beta updates). My echo plays my collection ok - I'm using lav for .mkv
I have been using http://haali.su/mkv/ for splitting .mkv as well as AC3 Filter. I have seen a lot of people are using LAV. Do you have any info on how best to setup LAV on a HTPC? I have an AVR that does most of the decoding for audio etc. I use HDMI to pipe all the audio (Bitstream) to my AVR. Can you provide any links for DL of LAV as well as any sites that provide proper setup info? Thanks! (Windows 7 SP1 X64) Do I need to install both 32bit and x64bit as well?
Thanks!
newfiend~

leedavies

Post by leedavies » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi guys

I've recently teamed up with DemonSeed to work on a new skin/theme for MediaBrowser (2.6 and the fantastic new 3.0 platform currently in beta). It's called ROC and should hopefully be going live within the next week or so.

These screenshots are a taster from a development build, so not the final product or quality etc:

There's more info and video of ROC in action at http://crystalmediabrowser.com/mbstore/roc/

I'd love to hear your thoughts/comments/feedback...

Thanks!

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm

newfiend wrote:
holidayboy wrote:I've had no issues with stability so far (beta updates). My echo plays my collection ok - I'm using lav for .mkv
I have been using http://haali.su/mkv/ for splitting .mkv as well as AC3 Filter. I have seen a lot of people are using LAV. Do you have any info on how best to setup LAV on a HTPC? I have an AVR that does most of the decoding for audio etc. I use HDMI to pipe all the audio (Bitstream) to my AVR. Can you provide any links for DL of LAV as well as any sites that provide proper setup info? Thanks! (Windows 7 SP1 X64) Do I need to install both 32bit and x64bit as well?
Thanks!
newfiend~

Sorry, I missed your post, I'll post a link to where I got it from tomorrow (UK).
Rob.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 pm

holidayboy wrote:
newfiend wrote:
Thanks!
newfiend~

Sorry, I missed your post, I'll post a link to where I got it from tomorrow (UK).
NP Rob..And Thank You.
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 pm

leedavies wrote:Hi guys

I've recently teamed up with DemonSeed to work on a new skin/theme for MediaBrowser (2.6 and the fantastic new 3.0 platform currently in beta). It's called ROC and should hopefully be going live within the next week or so.

These screenshots are a taster from a development build, so not the final product or quality etc:

There's more info and video of ROC in action at http://crystalmediabrowser.com/mbstore/roc/

I'd love to hear your thoughts/comments/feedback...

Thanks!
Nice looking Theme. Can't wait for MB3 to finally come out of BETA... Any Idea how that's coming along? I want to try it but I'm waiting for the non-BETA release as My system is really stable at the moment and I don't want to mess with it quite yet.
I do think your theme looks quite nice though. well done!
newfiend~

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I got LAV from here:

http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/downloads/list

I honestly don't remember doing anything special after installing it, I'll make a note of what I do the next time I set up my test rig.

Homepage:

http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/
Rob.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 am

holidayboy wrote:I got LAV from here:

http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/downloads/list

I honestly don't remember doing anything special after installing it, I'll make a note of what I do the next time I set up my test rig.

Homepage:

http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/
Thanks Rob!!
I uninstalled Haali, AC3 Filter and Installed LAV Filters. Initially my system was hanging when trying to launch a video. I figured out that I still had Direct Vob Sub installed. I then removed it and attempted to use LAV Splitter to view subtitles. It didn't work though. So I disabled it in LAV Splitter and Downloaded and Installed the Latest Direct Vob Sub x64 and installed that and everything is working great. Now if I can figure out how to toggle subtitles on and off with my Harmony Remote I'll be all set.
Thanks for your help.. Now Back to Media Browser As I took this wayyy off topic.. Sorry folks!!
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

So I finally took the plunge and removed Media Browser 2 and Installed the new Media Browser 3 BETA. So far I am super impressed. Even in BETA form it's quite well done. I am looking forward to it finally coming out of BETA. The new Theme Crystal by leedavies is very nice and has great performance.
My only complaint would be on the server side adding pictures to my collections was a bit .... unintuitive. It took a bit to find and figure out, Media Browser 2 was a bit more straight forward in regards to that. other than that though it didn't take long to get up and running.
Well Done MB Team!! You never fail to impress.
newfiend~

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm

i see from the blog that as of the build that should be going out tonight, live tv is in development. cable card support is being considered for those troubled by that sort of thing.

i have to say i rubbished xbmc over the page but i've spent the last week playing with something called serverwmc. it hacks into wmc and provides all the live and recorded tv to xbmc brilliantly. i still have issues over the xbmc skins and the fact that mb3 has taken 9 months what xbmc has been taking 9+ years to achieve puts this in perspective, but i can effectively use this to get wmc on a raspberry pi.

we just need someone to port mb3 to the raspberry pi now!

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:58 pm

@bob
a Linux version is in the works but transcoding would kill the pi... Guess it might work ok as an android client tho? Not sure if android works ok on the pi yet i never got the time to look at the rpi in the end, although i wanted to!
Lee

werds

Post by werds » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 pm

bobbob wrote:i see from the blog that as of the build that should be going out tonight, live tv is in development. cable card support is being considered for those troubled by that sort of thing.
Link? Most recent post I see on the mb3 blog is May...my google fu must suck :)

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 pm

h-t-t-p://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/15439/this-weekend-s-server-release

there you go
Lee

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:18 am

yeah sorry, it was a forum post rather than the blog.

@milli - i was really talking about using something like dvblink as the back end and mb3 on the pi just handling the streaming. it already does this with xbmc so mb3 cannot be any different?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm

The more I use MB3 the more I am loving it. I just purchased the Media Browser App for Windows Phone 8 Today.. This is an amazing jump in functionality and usability from Media Browser 2.0. The App for Windows Phone works great and I can Stream my .MKV's to it off my WHS.. So far I'm very pleased with MB3.. Money well spent. http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... -released/
newfiend~

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 am

^^Can you play any videos in the web admin page? When I click the play button, nothing seems to happen.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 am

videos play back in the web browser for me. using chrome

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:57 pm

@bob
that should work for tv. But content coming from the server needs to be coded sometimes...
do u mean pi as server or as client??
client SHOULD be a goer i think... Low power server like i said not quite enough ooomph
Lee