Schedule "off season" Recordings

jimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Schedule "off season" Recordings

Post by jimp » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:12 pm

I just set up a new installation of WMC, I have scheduled all the shows that are available in the guide that I normally record but there are a few shows that are "off season" that I would like to record when they start back up. Is this possible? I would guess that since you can set a recording to record on any channel, that all shows have a unique identifier (a number given to them by the IMDb or something) that I could use to set up a recording when this identifier hits the guide? So is there a way to do this either in media center or by some plug-in?
Thanks

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Not really. You could try by keyword but that's it.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:50 pm

No, unless you do keyword or title recording you'll just have to wait until they appear in the guide.

Did you have a previous WMC installation? Isn't there a way to copy the recording schedule from that?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:21 pm

I use the keyword recording (by title) frequently. It works well.

In case you don't know how...

Go to the default Recorded TV menu in Media Center. Press the UP button on the remote until you highlight the "add recording" menu. Press the ok/enter button.

Now, press the DOWN button until you select the "Wish List or Keyword" item. Press ok/enter.

Follow the prompts. Usually, you'll use the "Program Title" option. If you don't have a keyboard, you can use the 0-9 buttons to enter the search terms like using a cell phone to send a text message. Once you've entered all the text, you'll see a list of what matches your search terms in the guide (usually only what is in the guide for the next 14 days).

You can then use the right arrow to select the thing you want to record. If nothing is found, you'll see a choice that says, 'Record Future Shows with "<your search terms here>".

Choose the best match. Press ok/enter.

Done.