infiniTV 6 ETH Install - Cox OC, CA

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ppickle

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV 6 ETH Install - Cox OC, CA

Post by ppickle » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Thought I would chronicle my experience in case someone else came across this.

Quick synopsis of the issue and resolution...

- Installed the infinitv 6 Eth and could only view a few channels - Basic Service Tier. Channels not received would eventually display a Subscription required message. This was the case for SDV and non-SDV channels (CNN, etc)
- Noticed that the Tuning Adapter diagnostics perpetually stated that the TA (MTR700) was reporting that it was waiting for channel map.
- After multiple support calls and a tech visit from Cox, I searched on the internet and noticed that someone had posted the same issue and it was due to production firmware in the infinitv. Updating to the available Beta firmware allowed the channel maps to be reported correctly or "recognized."
- After updating the firmware, a single channel map was shown as downloaded, but the cable card would not pair.
- Issued a trouble ticket with Ceton who escalated the issue to Cox's Advanced CableCard.
- Received a phone call from Cox to trouble shoot and within minutes Van (Supervisor) was able to pair the CC.
- After attempting to reauthorize service tiers on the CableCard, I noticed that 2 channel maps were shown as downloaded. Some channels still would not show and the Subscription Required message would continue to show on certain channel numbers.
- Van schedule a truck roll with a tech who had experience with CableCards
- Tech showed up, and after multiple hits and CC pairings the tech attempted to reset the TA remotely
- Upon reset the TA would not initiate and achieve RF lock. Tech then had the service levels removed from the TA, commenced with a re-power sequence and then had the service tiers remapped.
- Upon reboot, 3 channel maps were listed as downloaded and all channels would tune.

To summarize: Needed the Beta firmware from Ceton and Cox had to fix the service tiers authorized on the TA; for some reason Cox had difficulty setting the authorized channels on the TA.

Perhaps the giveaway would have been how many channel maps were downloaded although I don’t’ know who would have known how many there were supposed to be. Ceton has confirmed that the channel map fix will be in subsequent firmware loads.

Took two weeks to resolve, but very happy with the result.

ppickle

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by ppickle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I thought I was on to something with the number of channel maps downloaded as an indicator, but checked again a week later and it only reports one channel map however, everything still works.