Pandora native remote control & TV interface using Relaunch

staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Pandora native remote control & TV interface using Relaunch

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Use Relaunch & Chrome/Firefox with this URL:

https://tv.pandora.com/?model=xbox&audi ... sitdfuli3a

And you'll get the Pandora TV interface designed for the 360:

Thanks to the guys at DMZ for figuring it out. Everything works (playback/navigation/entering text/thumbs up & down) except I never can get the settings menu to launch.

Source: http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2013/06/ ... n-an-htpc/

Relaunch program: https://code.google.com/p/relaunch/

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, I saw this and tried it out. Works pretty great! Lets just hope they don't change the URL.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 pm

I'll second that. Settings part not work for you as well?

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 pm

When i click on settings, it just gives me the option to log out- not as extensive as i expected, though it does do *something*
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 pm

makryger wrote:When i click on settings, it just gives me the option to log out- not as extensive as i expected, though it does do *something*
Yeah, I don't even get that. At least you make me think I'm not missing anything :P

offroad

Post by offroad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:32 am

Radio Paradise also has something like this. Go to the main page of radio paridies and open the full screen slide show. then just grab the URL for that, and you can immediately start up Radio Paradise with music and a screen saver. Just install it via RELAUNCH.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Sweet - thanks for the heads up!

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Can someone snap a screen shot of their relaunch entry for this to help an idiot out?!? I can't make it work with Chrome, which is installed as well as Internet Explorer. Thanks!

EDIT: Hmm, now that I try another PC, I see Chrome is there as a default choice in the "With" drop down menu. Not sure why the first PC doesn't list Chrome... :?:

offroad

Post by offroad » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Uninstall and reinstall chrome. Do the same with RELAUNCH. Then tell me what happens.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Yeah I had problems with ReLaunch not working with a couple of versions of Chrome - but it has been now for a while. Make sure you're not logging into Chrome and that you are using a blank/default profile & settings - this way you can make sure any personal settings you applied aren't effecting ReLaunch (when you log into Chrome, it always syncs your settings).

mylycha

Post by mylycha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi all,

I installed a Pandora entry point in my music tab via MCS application using the URL provided above.
It's not native to WMC, but I like this interface for my TV.
It works as described above... except it launches behind WMC. I'm sure this is a simple thing I'm doing wrong.
I already toggled WMC settings for keeping WMC on top, no luck.
Please help.

Thanks.

Additionally... For your amusement... a response from Pandora (similar to others) in response to my request/suggestion for WMC plugin.
Thanks for the suggestion! We will keep it in mind as we figure out what new features to add to Pandora in the future.
We really appreciate the feedback. It's very helpful as we work to improve the service. Thanks for listening!

Best,
Patrick
Listener Advocate
PANDORA® internet radio
UPDATE:

I actually downloaded Relaunch203, used URL provided by DMX, chose "close app". Then just used WM Studio to move to my Music menu. Pandora now launches above WMC and closes to reveal WMC again. Almost looks seamless... Marvelous!

skunks

Post by skunks » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Dear god I love you. Thanks for the post!

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I got this working great in Media Center.

First I installed Chrome on my computer. I used Relaunch to create the Pandora station in 'Extras', then moved it to Start menu by clicking the 'info' button. Then I was able to move it to the Music menu using Media Center Studio. (it's listed as a 'Favorites' once it's moved out of the Extras menu).

Now I just click on the station ( I created my own pandora icon from an svg out there on the internet), and it automatically opens up the station in full screen. Then I click the green button, and it goes back. Works perfectly!

(I actually also created the Youtube TV interface the samem way. It works great too)

This whole relaunch app, coupled with the advent of the TV-optimized websites may breathe new life into media center.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

I noticed a little wrinkle using Relaunch in Win 8. Turns out Relaunch must be run as administrator to function properly. Otherwise it will not create the necessary exe file. I had problems getting Pandora to work, and this turned out to be the solution.

Mashman

Post by Mashman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:48 pm

OK - got everything setup, and it's working prety good. The one main problem I've run into is that I can't seem to figure out how to close the browser/pandora after it opens. I've never used relauncher before, it there a way to setup a key to close the browser?

Thanks!

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Mashman wrote:OK - got everything setup, and it's working prety good. The one main problem I've run into is that I can't seem to figure out how to close the browser/pandora after it opens. I've never used relauncher before, it there a way to setup a key to close the browser?

Thanks!
The default key in Relaunch to close is The Green Button (Start). You can change it if you want.

Mashman

Post by Mashman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

mdavej wrote:
Mashman wrote:OK - got everything setup, and it's working prety good. The one main problem I've run into is that I can't seem to figure out how to close the browser/pandora after it opens. I've never used relauncher before, it there a way to setup a key to close the browser?

Thanks!
The default key in Relaunch to close is The Green Button (Start). You can change it if you want.
Thanks! I've never used Relaunch before, it's a cool little app!

Also, in case anyone else ran into the same issue I did, with Chrome starting with the "Google Chrome didn't shut down correctly. To reopen the pages you had open, click Restore." message always appearing, I found a work around. I think it's an OK workaround, considering that the PC is only used as a media center.

The message is generated based on a flag in a file called "Preferences". If that file is made read only, then Chrome will not update the flag, and you won't get the message. I guess you wouldn't be able to change any of your preferences either - while it's read only - but since this is a Media Center, I don't really care.

The file is located in %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Make sure that Chrome is in a state where you won't get the message the next time it's opened. Open Chrome, and close it properly. Then go to the above directory, right click on the Preferences file, and mark it as read only. No more 'restore' message!

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks! That was driving me crazy!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Please note!! Prior to any adjustments listed above that you must open chrome and click restore on the Bar and let Chrome Restore itself to clear the Bar. Once that is done close chrome, Then set the preference file to read only and then disable better session restore in Chrome's flags.

If you are using the latest Chrome release (I am using Version 29.0.1547.66 m as of this post) and still get the "Google Chrome didn't shut down correctly" bar after setting Preferences file located at %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default to "Read Only"

There is a flag that can be set to get rid of the bar again.
1. Open Chrome
2. in the address bar type About:Flags hit the enter key
3. Scroll down to: Disable Better Session Restore and set it to Disabled. Close Chrome.
page4.PNG
Chrome Flag

4. You should no longer get nagged with Google Chrome didn't shut down correctly bars when launching Pandora and then using relaunch to close/exit the app.
5. Thanks goes to staknhalo for finding this workaround. :thumbup:
newfiend~

larsf

Post by larsf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I've been developing a Pandora plugin that's a little more integrated in MCE. All the functionality is there, just a little rough around the edges. If anyone's willing to beta test, the installer is on skydrive, located here: http://sdrv.ms/1cvccxZ