ClearQAM frequency change

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
disneyjoe7

HTPC Specs: Show details

ClearQAM frequency change

Post by disneyjoe7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:07 pm

[Split from older topic]

Can't get my Window media center working with cable local hd channels. This link is broken is there another link?

http://192.168.200.1/view_channel_map.cgi?page=0&xml=1

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 pm

192.168.200.1 is the default address for the Ceton InfiniTV card. Do you have an InfiniTV tuner? If you do, are your non-local channels showing up OK?

disneyjoe7

Post by disneyjoe7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:35 am

No I use a Hauppauge 2250 card / tuner.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/ ... r2250.html

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm

The "broken link" is a link to an internal web page on a Ceton Cable Card Tuner. If you don't have a Ceton Tuner, you won't get the link.

What version of Windows are you running?

Who is your cable provider?

(If there's a moderator reading, can you make this a new thread - it obviously doesn't belong tagged onto a [FIXED] thread, especially one that appears to be about a different problem altogether).

disneyjoe7

Post by disneyjoe7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 pm

I have some problem that "barnabas1969" had with Melbourne Bright cable local hd channels like 6.1 My HTPC is windows 7 32 home software.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:59 pm

disneyjoe7 wrote:I have some problem that "barnabas1969" had with Melbourne Bright cable local hd channels like 6.1
No, you don't. Barnabas' problem was that Brighthouse kept changing the frequencies so that his custom mappings got messed up. The channels still worked, but to get them back where he wanted them (using the same numbers as the channels he was getting from his other cable-card tuner) he had to mess up his other channel listings. You said that you
Can't get my Window media center working with cable local hd channels
which implies that you can't get the channels to tune in at all, and if you don't have multiple tuners, you probably don't have custom channel listings to get messed up by getting WMC to re-scan.

Is this a first time setup, or was the system working and just suddenly stopped working? If it suddenly stopped working, did you go through TV setup again in WMC?

disneyjoe7

Post by disneyjoe7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 pm

It's the same issue I forget the name. Melbourne Brighthouse cable channels. This is the first time I tried to work with this cable, this HTPC worked before with ota antenna I have moved.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 pm

disneyjoe7 wrote:It's the same issue I forget the name. Melbourne Brighthouse cable channels. This is the first time I tried to work with this cable, this HTPC worked before with ota antenna I have moved.
Have you re-run TV Setup in WMC, so that WMC knows to switch from ATSC to ClearQAM?

Have you verified that there's any ClearQAM channels available on that cable - did you connect it to a TV that has a ClearQAM tuner?

Moderators, please move these posts to a new thread - this guys problems have nothing to do with changing ClearQAM frequencies.