Switching cable providers

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
lunarmoon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Switching cable providers

Post by lunarmoon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 am

I will be switching cable providers from Cablevision to Verzon Fios in a week. Couple of questions: Do I have to re-run the Digital cable advisor?,
Also I still should be able to watch my recordings, even if I switching providers?

Know I read about the issues some people are having with Verizon with watching premium channels(HBO, Showtime, etc.). I will be getting this channels in my package. The consensus so far, to resolve the issue if you are not able to watch these channels to make such you have Verizon manually validate/active the cablecard. (hopefully I don't run into this problem).

barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 am

No, you do not need to run the DCA again.

Yes, you will be able to watch your old recordings, as long as you don't re-install Windows or make any major hardware changes or wipe out your existing PlayReady installation.

The ONLY thing you should need to do is get a new CableCARD from Verizon and have it paired with your tuner, then re-run the TV setup in Media Center, and select Verizon as the provider.

This will wipe out any guide customizations that you've done, so you'll need to do those again.