Moving the Netflix icon from Movies to Main Menu?

T Rush

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by T Rush » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:31 pm

since this kinda old thread was bumped by the OP, I'd like to ask:

why does Microsoft put the Netflix 'link' in WMC anyway?

its not like its fully integrated into Windows and WMC, it only uses some of the same lay-out, but obviously not the same color style...and if I'm not mistaken, it totally runs outside of WMC(e.g. like has to stop any other playback, which is annoying because of how long it takes to find a good movie to watch in Netflix as you never want to watch any of the crap in your "Instant Queue" thats only for stuff you dont want to watch now)...thought when MS lost the HDDVD vs BluRay thingy they said they wanted to move their support to "Streaming" on-line media?...and thats all we got?

anyway, I have Netflix and Amazon now on their own strip by themselves ....on most the other computers in the house(like our Kids') I've killed off the Netflix(even tho it would still require a download and install to work) with Media Center Studio...there should be a better way to remove it

offroad

Post by offroad » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm

what are you using to control Netflix and Amazon? You need a mouse to control any browser or PC based applications.

If you use the built in Netflix application, you retain control with an MCE remote.

T Rush

Post by T Rush » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:52 am

yeah, not using a browser, just using the included Netflix and the user made WMC plugin for Amazon http://garethbarr.com/amazonmceaddin/ (wish that Amazon Prime or that app allowed streaming rentals of new releases)

offroad

Post by offroad » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm

T RUSH - did not know that existed for Amazon prime. Will need to add it to my WMC.

Could not get HULU PLUS desktop to work on WMC, do you have that working?

other note - Am just happy I found a cheap universal remote for $15. see my other postings.

offroad

Post by offroad » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 pm

T RUSH - as of June 10th the AMAZON PRIME plugin no longer works. The owner developer is working on a fix. but until then it is broken.