Harmony One Remote

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
kreg37

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by kreg37 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Ack wrote:
stonethecrows wrote:The Microsoft one. Getting one of these would probably solve your issues.

STC,

Do you have any specs on that such as model number, etc. that I could use to locate one? I'd love to find one of those and am having a terrible time finding one.

For now, I've ordered an Adesso ARC-1100 as I've read that the IR receiver it comes with will work with Harmony remotes.
I really like the IR Receiver that comes with this remote. It's small and black, sensitive, and requires no drivers. I ordered it a few months ago, and it's too bad to see that it has since been deactivated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6880101003

I've used a different brand that didn't work as well, so the model you choose can make a difference.

Ack

Post by Ack » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 pm

kreg37 wrote:
Ack wrote:
stonethecrows wrote:The Microsoft one. Getting one of these would probably solve your issues.
STC,

Do you have any specs on that such as model number, etc. that I could use to locate one? I'd love to find one of those and am having a terrible time finding one.

For now, I've ordered an Adesso ARC-1100 as I've read that the IR receiver it comes with will work with Harmony remotes.
I really like the IR Receiver that comes with this remote. It's small and black, sensitive, and requires no drivers. I ordered it a few months ago, and it's too bad to see that it has since been deactivated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6880101003

I've used a different brand that didn't work as well, so the model you choose can make a difference.
Since receiving the Adesso ARC-1100, we're content with that for now. We only do basics with Media Center using it as is without plugins or extras. We only record OTA and the only other remote we have to worry about for now is to turn on the TV. The Adesso remote handles everything else we need in Media Center. I keep a wireless keyboard handy in case I need it.

I'm sure this will change in the future as things grow which is why I'm researching other options now. I'll probably buy one of those MS IR receivers from ebay that was suggested earlier so I have something as a backup.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Well, updating the firmware on the remote fixed the clock drift issue. I wonder if its possible to disable the low battery alert; it appears every 5 min!
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Back to the IR receiver: you're looking for an RC6 IR receiver. That's what Media Center uses.