Guide incorrect

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
atrdriver

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide incorrect

Post by atrdriver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I have a problem with my guide information. Most of it is correct, but it is missing a couple of channels, and a couple of channels are incorrect. I have gone into tasks - settings - guide and redownloaded the guide info, but it is still wrong. What can I do about this? FWIW I have Time Warner digital cable.

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Maybe try a different zip code in your area. If the zap2it site is also incorrect you may want to contact them.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 pm

To expand on Shackleford's suggestion, go to www.zap2it.com and enter your zip code and select your provider. You should see the listings that Windows Media Center is using. If they match, the the problem is at the source - Zap2It needs to update their information. You can check some neighboring zip codes to see if they all show the same problem.

If the Zap2It site shows the correct listing, then there's something odd happening with your download, but check the source first.

atrdriver

Post by atrdriver » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I went to that site and they have 2 time warners listed for my zip code, just listed as different cities, one of them looks to be correct, and one of them is not, which of course is the one I have selected. I will rerun the setup and choose the other one. How do I contact them to tell them it isn't right?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 pm

There's a feedback button at the bottom of the home page on the site.

But there may not be an error on the site - TWC may have two slightly different lineups, and your area isn't assigned to the City you expected to be.