Television Libraries

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Madness

HTPC Specs: Show details

Television Libraries

Post by Madness » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I need help please, I have tried everything I can think of.

I have thousands of movies and TV series on DVD and has taken me months with none stop ripping to get them onto my HDD using 3 4TB Discs. I can get the app to recognise the movies no problem, I just cant get it to recognise my TV Series. When I go to my media center configuration, I have laid the structure/Tree of the folders as required for the TV series and go to Library then Television, it seems to have a mask over it saying coming soon. I have a massive about of TV series can you HELP! me get this working please :)

[Moderator note: topic moved from WMC Software-->MMC sub-forum]

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 pm

TV series are not supported natively by the movie library. You can use a 3rd party plugin to get a 'TV Library'. My choice is TV Library by Jack Luminous: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=1822

Madness

Post by Madness » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, would you happen to know when the TV area would be up and running? Like how far away is it?

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 pm

There will be none in native Media Center; unless Microsoft adds it in the future. A third-party plugin is your only solution.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Madness wrote:Thanks for the reply, would you happen to know when the TV area would be up and running? Like how far away is it?
????
The Movie Gallery in WMC will NEVER have native support for TV series. The suggestion is to use a 3rd party addin, such as 'TV Library'.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Madness wrote:I need help please, I have tried everything I can think of.

I have thousands of movies and TV series on DVD and has taken me months with none stop ripping to get them onto my HDD using 3 4TB Discs. I can get the app to recognise the movies no problem, I just cant get it to recognise my TV Series. When I go to my media center configuration, I have laid the structure/Tree of the folders as required for the TV series and go to Library then Television, it seems to have a mask over it saying coming soon. I have a massive about of TV series can you HELP! me get this working please :)
You are in a Windows Media Center forum WMC. If I am reading you correctly, your question is about the Ceton My Media Center MMC. Try this same question here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63If I am not reading you correctly just disregard.

th3Pil0t

Post by th3Pil0t » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
Madness wrote:I need help please, I have tried everything I can think of.

You are in a Windows Media Center forum WMC. If I am reading you correctly, your question is about the Ceton My Media Center MMC. Try this same question here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63If I am not reading you correctly just disregard.
I think he's in the right place. I think he's talking about the TV support within MMC app. I have been waiting for the TV library support for some time as well. There is a placeholder in the MMC configuration PC client that says it's a future feature, but no ETA.

I asked the question last year and was told that there was no ETA. I wouldn't hold your breath.

FYI - I have been using the WMC plugin 'Media Browser' to handle all my libraries... it doesn't bring them up on your remote device like the MMC solution would though...

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:53 pm

th3Pil0t wrote: I think he's in the right place.
The topic was moved; was in the WMC software section originally.

th3Pil0t

Post by th3Pil0t » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

staknhalo wrote:
th3Pil0t wrote: I think he's in the right place.
The topic was moved; was in the WMC software section originally.
Makes sense, I thought you were all smoking crack.