WMC8 Analog AND Digital at the same time?

Steiner

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC8 Analog AND Digital at the same time?

Post by Steiner » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

I recently setup a new PC with Windows 8 Media Center using a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card. This same card was moved from my old Windows 7 w/media center PC and was working correctly. It appears that I'm not able to have both the analog AND digital channels configured at the same time. When I go through the setup and let it automatically configure the card it will see it correctly (Analog and Digital), go through and scan the digital channels, but will not show analog channels in the guide, and I can not add them manually. If I go through the TV setup and only select analog I can see all my analog channels, but same as before can not add the missing channels as it is only looking at either the analog or digital tuner, under Windows 7 this wasn't an issue.

Apparently this was an issue in Vista and was fixed in a Service Pack, and was not an issue at all in Windows 7, but appears to have crept back up under Windows 8?

If I remember correctly under WMC7 I had to configure the analog and then add the digital, but when I do that under WMC8 it appears to work as a toggle, I can configure the analog tuners, and then go and configure the digital, but when I configure the digital it removes the analog. Anybody have any advice? I'm at my wits end on this one. :crazy:

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:01 pm

I can't really help with the problem,except to say that it does work with both.
My ATI 650 is a hybrid tuner with an analog and digital tuner.
I get the option to setup both for the guide or setup digital and it automatically
sets up analog.
Don't know why the setup is different at times but it works both ways.
Have you checked for driver updates or tried an older version driver?
Last edited by leroys1000 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steiner

Post by Steiner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 pm

With this being Windows 8 I don't think there's an older driver, or if there is I can't find one. I'm using the 22xx 7.9.1.29297 driver right from hauppauge.com

Steiner

Post by Steiner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok, got it working... I don't know exactly what night have fixed it. I installed another driver apparently specifically for WinTV/MCE. When I setup the tuners again and manually configured the analog, and then digital tuners I've got everything in MCE again. Thanks :)