InfiniTV Hardware Update 6829

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV Hardware Update 6829

Post by woodchuck » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Just noticed Hardware Update 6829 is appearing on my beta update page. The firmware available still shows 1.2.2.6, which I was no fan of. Anyone try the hardware update yet?

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 pm

I updated both pcie units and they seem to be responding quicker, smoother channel changing no video glitches so far.... 3 hours on first, 2 on second.
I won't do the usb yet as it is fine right now. In a couple days maybe.

I just updated the usb unit. Seems to be great.

livewyre

Post by livewyre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:18 am

hmmmm... i dont see any updates on mine.

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 am

I've installed the update. No problems to this point.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Yeah, I installed it as well. No noticeable differences for me.

rv65

Post by rv65 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:49 am

My card has 6210, so it says it has the latest update.

livewyre

Post by livewyre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 pm

"Re: InfiniTV Hardware Update 6829

by rv65 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:49 pm

My card has 6210, so it says it has the latest update."

mine says the same thing. im wondering why im not seeing the new 6829 update. or is 6210 the newest?? lol.

MeInDallas

Post by MeInDallas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 am

I dont see this either and I'm running the beta software installer and firmware. Everything is running so good I'm almost scared to update anything :crazy:

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:56 pm

I think it may be due to the hardware differences between tuner builds. I have an older ceton and a newer model ceton, one needed the update, one did not. Unless there is a bug in the system somewhere.. But so far everything is working as expected.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:22 pm

newfiend wrote:I think it may be due to the hardware differences between tuner builds. I have an older ceton and a newer model ceton, one needed the update, one did not. Unless there is a bug in the system somewhere.. But so far everything is working as expected.

That's correct - HW updates are specific to the version of card you have.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:48 am

grinchy wrote:
newfiend wrote:I think it may be due to the hardware differences between tuner builds. I have an older ceton and a newer model ceton, one needed the update, one did not. Unless there is a bug in the system somewhere.. But so far everything is working as expected.

I have one of the original cards, one of the second version (slimmed down), both pcie, and one usb model and they are all on the newest firmware and hardware version.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 am

Dkeyguy1 wrote:
grinchy wrote:

I have one of the original cards, one of the second version (slimmed down), both pcie, and one usb model and they are all on the newest firmware and hardware version.
Did you update them via the Ceton Diagnostic Utility? Or through the Web Page Manually? My Ceton Diag. Utility will only allow for the update on one card. The other it reports as "current" or latest available firmware.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 pm

newfiend wrote:
Dkeyguy1 wrote:I have one of the original cards, one of the second version (slimmed down), both pcie, and one usb model and they are all on the newest firmware and hardware version.
Did you update them via the Ceton Diagnostic Utility? Or through the Web Page Manually? My Ceton Diag. Utility will only allow for the update on one card. The other it reports as "current" or latest available firmware.
I did the drivers manually downloading, firmware always through the diagnostic utility. Were both cards running the same drivers, firmware/ hardware version before? That could make a difference.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 am

Dkeyguy1 wrote:
newfiend wrote:
Dkeyguy1 wrote:I have one of the original cards, one of the second version (slimmed down), both pcie, and one usb model and they are all on the newest firmware and hardware version.
I did the drivers manually downloading, firmware always through the diagnostic utility. Were both cards running the same drivers, firmware/ hardware version before? That could make a difference.
Yep. Currently running Ceton InfiniTV Installer (12.12.26.1250) and updated firmware through Diag. Utility. Only one card reported needing the updated firmware.
newfiend~

coyote

Post by coyote » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 pm

This update has caused some headaches for me. Immediately after applying it, I began to notice what looks like constant dropouts. It will affect all tuners in use at the time (live or recording, encrypted or clear, on every channel.) I have ended up with a lot of unwatchable recordings lately. The pattern of video corruption is too regular to be a weak signal. Sometimes the issue will go away halfway into a recording, but normally it is power cycling the InfiniTV (due to the PC waking up/going to sleep) that will either make it go away or come back.

Is it possible to downgrade to the previous beta hardware version? I don't recall what it was (something 6xxx) but that version + beta firmware 1.2.2.6 was working perfectly. IIRC, 6829 was supposed to fix timing issues with marginal CableCARDs. I don't know if my CableCARD was one of those (Comcast, Scientific-Atlanta) but it seems to have created a problem here.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 pm

I have downgraded many times. Just open a ticket with Ceton and they will give you a link to download the previous versions. You load it via a web page. It's a good idea to open a ticket anyway since they need to know that the lastest version broke your device.

BTW, in the past I had a similar problem which I blame on new firmware, but it turns out mine was caused by PlayReady. I had to reset all DRM related stuff as well as run THIS to get everything working again.