TunerSalad

TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

TunerSalad

Post by TeddyR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am

I currently use TunerSalad Footlong and am very happy with it.

I was wondering if there was any chance or plans that a version of TunerSalad for more than 12 tuners would be forthcoming hopefully soon? (Maybe a TunerSalad Yardlong for 36 tuners? Hopefully as an update to footlong, but would also be willing to pay a little extra as a separate product for the "niche" that wants it?)

I know that Cetons drivers have a 30 tuner limit, but I have had major issues with the USB ceton device and my setups. The machines that I have do not have enough space for an internal Ceton card. Plus the HDHRs are looking like a better item for my needs esp with the UPNP features.

I currently have an HDHR HDHR3-6CC and an HDHR3-3CC for 9 CableCard tuners. I plan on getting one of the new HDHR4s-4CCs when those come out which will put me over the 12 that footlong offers.

I know that I can
- sell the 3CC and replace it with the HDHR4 when that comes out, but the value that I would get from selling the device would not be worth it.
- Change the 3CC to QAM only, but I also already have 2 internal QAM tuners on an HVR-2250 and 2 on an HDHR-US.
- Simply leave one of the devices as "Standalone", but whats the fun in that?

Charter here (Glendale, CA) has already gone all digital (no more analog/ntsc), and have configured all the non-local channels to require cablecards. I have heard "unofficially" that they are contemplating encrypting everything within a year or two as well so when that happens, ClearQAM would be a problem.
Time is on my side.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

I could probably arrange something.... Send me a message at my channel logos tech support.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

rabbit1543

Post by rabbit1543 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Just an idea, it sounds like you have more tuners than you know what to do with. What about dedicating a prime for DLNA use?