Disappearing tuners

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
xnappo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Disappearing tuners

Post by xnappo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

I am beginning to suspect the Echo is involved in this:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=3735

Anyone else seeing this and just chalk it up to general WMC pain?

xnappo

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 pm

What tuner are you using? I have a PRIME on the 2013.0117 f/w

My echo is now on omega 2013.122 f/w.

I have not seen tuners disappear with the echo but I have experienced a couple freezes (not lately). I also got the "Tuner Not Available" error using the echo last night and I was wondering if it was the echo or the Prime. I upgraded the Prime f/w last Saturday and have not seen this error on the HTPC since but have seen it a couple times on the echo. That said, tune up and tune down and the channel is back. This is a copy once channel BTW.

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Sammy2 wrote:What tuner are you using? I have a PRIME on the 2013.0117 f/w

My echo is now on omega 2013.122 f/w.

I have not seen tuners disappear with the echo but I have experienced a couple freezes (not lately). I also got the "Tuner Not Available" error using the echo last night and I was wondering if it was the echo or the Prime. I upgraded the Prime f/w last Saturday and have not seen this error on the HTPC since but have seen it a couple times on the echo. That said, tune up and tune down and the channel is back. This is a copy once channel BTW.

I am using a Ceton internal card. When this happens the card completely disappears from WMC and the Ceton diag tool. A power cycle is needed to bring it back.

xnappo

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Oh, that is totally something else, maybe. I haven't had to power cycle except once when I had a freeze and that was on the echo beta 2013.116 f/w and Prime 2013.0117 stable f/w.

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Was just watching a recording and an error box popped up with recording failure. Sure enough tuners are missing. This is happening like every 2 days now

suicidegybe

Post by suicidegybe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:09 am

Any solutions. I have been dealing with this since thanksgiving and I think it may be my Echo also. I have two PCI-E Ceton tuners and all was well before the Echo was on my network now I have to reboot frequently as the tuners disappear from the network and diagnostic tool. Contacted customer support but all they do is ask for diagnostic after diagnostic and offer no feedback or solution so I fed up with that.

epayson85

Post by epayson85 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Are you on the latest beta drivers and firmware? I had this happen to me too on the last echo update. Every time I connected my echo upstairs I would have no tuners sure enough I would go down stairs and find my tuners "missing" on the HTPC. I updated to the latest beta drivers and firmware... I haven't had to reboot since. I will say its a little slower though finding the tuners now. It takes too long to find a tuner for my liking. Its only the first time though after a prolonged period of not watching tv. Once I start using the TV it changes channels very quickly. I eventually switched all of my stations to first use my prime for live TV and basically only use the infinitv for recordings. Its been working flawlessly for me.

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:21 am

I'm running the 129 fw on the echo. 11.82 fw on infinitv w/ 6210 hw revision. I cleared all tuners and reset network config using the diag tool. I'm on day 12 and no tuner problems so far. Maybe the 129 fixed whatever was causing it for me