Windows Media Center MPC Plug-in for Blu-ray's

Joni

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Joni » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 am

It must be something to do with W7. Check your temp folder after the installation, there should be a logfile "MSIxxxxx.LOG". What error code does it have?

Does this give the same error? I disabled registration of one component that I suspect might be the problem.

http://sdrv.ms/11KDR8I

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Does this do anything to the graphics drivers? I appear to be unable to play any blurays now as PowerDVD no longer believes my display is HDCP capable.

It could be coincidence of course and some other update has broken playback from a Blu-ray Disc.

mini

Joni

Post by Joni » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 pm

mini__me wrote:Does this do anything to the graphics drivers? I appear to be unable to play any blurays now as PowerDVD no longer believes my display is HDCP capable.

It could be coincidence of course and some other update has broken playback from a Blu-ray Disc.

mini
No. Btw, are you on Win7 or Win8? There were atleast two who had problem with the installer on Win7?

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Ok cool, Windows 7 x64, had to install .Net 4.5 first but was fine after that, although the Blu-ray Disc failed to play, which is when I tried the old PowerDVD and found that wasn't working.

Cheers

mini

Joni

Post by Joni » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am

Installer didn't register the xml file on Windows 7 so thats why it did't play. It should work now on 1.0.0.2.

Joni

Post by Joni » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 am

Updated the plug-in today. Is it working properly on Windows 7 & 8?

Joni

Post by Joni » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Fixed some bugs.

AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

When MPC-BE opens, it says "cannot render video" and stops there. I have to play it manually

AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:19 pm

I'll also note that MPC-BE doesn't open up in a normal mode.. Instead of "Open DVD/BR" it says "Open DVD" and when I try to select a bluray, it says the same error "cannot render video"

I figured it out.. Apparently you included a version of MPC-BE in the x64 version and that couldn't play discs with madvr, so I copied my x86 version into the program files folder and renamed it to reflect the 64 version and all is well.

I might suggest you put a notice on the OP that says that the x64 download includes MPC-BE x64.

wackyshaun

Post by wackyshaun » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am

I can play a bluray folder directly with the MPC-BE that is installed with the installer here, but when I try to go through Media Center, the screen turns black for a minute then returns. There is an MPC-BE process left running but I never see a window or anything. I have tried it tonight on both a Windows 8 32 bit, and a Windows 7 64 bit install.

Are there any logs any where I might be able to find out what is going on?

wackyshaun

Post by wackyshaun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

It turns out the problem I was having was caused by spaces in the path to my bluray folder. It would be nice to be able to leave them with spaces in their names, but until that is fixed, I can just take the spaces out. This is a great solution, by the way. I had unsuccessfully tried to write something similar that worked for vlc player, so it is great I stumbled on to this.

Thanks for writing it.

Mercury_22

Post by Mercury_22 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 pm

How do I change the path so I can use the current MPC-HC/BE installer path ?
e.g. instead of "C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\" I need to use "C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\"

AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:10 am

Here's is what I did.. Just copy the exe file into the Media player classic Directory.

I wanted to use madvr and even renamed the 32 bit file to the 64 bit and it worked perfectly.

Mercury_22

Post by Mercury_22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:01 pm

AnthonyB wrote:Here's is what I did.. Just copy the exe file into the Media player classic Directory.

I wanted to use madvr and even renamed the 32 bit file to the 64 bit and it worked perfectly.
Already used this "solution" :) that's not the problem the problem is that I like everybody else already have MPC-HC/BE installed on my system (newer version too !) with a lot of custom settings / file associations .... so adding mpc to installer it's a VERY BAD IDEA cause it's messing everything up
An example on how this should be done it's here http://mikinho.com/wmc/open-with/

@ Joni Thanks for a great plug-in BUT I hope you reconsider the installer part

qbjack

Post by qbjack » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 am

Hello,

this is really a great plugin - thank you very much for that.

It works great - but some improvements would be nice:

- is it possible to set a default "drive - picture" - now it shows only the name of the drive and the disc title with no image - so a random colored rectangle is displayed by default (the same MC shows for movies if there is no folder.jpg) ?
- is it possible to make a separate item in the MC menu for playing discs? Something similar to "playback DVD" button which is default in MC ?

Thanks and kind regards

QBJack

Joni

Post by Joni » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 am

Sorry I haven't had time to update this until now. I fixed some bugs and removed MPC and settings from installer. New build should be up now.
wackyshaun wrote:It turns out the problem I was having was caused by spaces in the path to my bluray folder. It would be nice to be able to leave them with spaces in their names, but until that is fixed, I can just take the spaces out. This is a great solution, by the way. I had unsuccessfully tried to write something similar that worked for vlc player, so it is great I stumbled on to this.

Thanks for writing it.
Thanks. It should work now.
Mercury_22 wrote:
AnthonyB wrote:Here's is what I did.. Just copy the exe file into the Media player classic Directory.

Already used this "solution" :) that's not the problem the problem is that I like everybody else already have MPC-HC/BE installed on my system (newer version too !) with a lot of custom settings / file associations .... so adding mpc to installer it's a VERY BAD IDEA cause it's messing everything up
An example on how this should be done it's here http://mikinho.com/wmc/open-with/

@ Joni Thanks for a great plug-in BUT I hope you reconsider the installer part
MPC and settings are removed now, only the plug-in is installed now. I added it into the first builds so it's easier to test the plug-in.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 am

jachin99 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.
If with AnyDVD, I could drop in a bluray and it could play, I would be interested...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:45 am

The download links are still good, so I grabbed a copy of each.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:51 pm

David, you would have to automate anydvd mounting the iso somehow. I think this has been done before at least with ripped iso files. I have always used pdvd to play live discs