Channel Lineup and Logos Backup

PeteS457

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel Lineup and Logos Backup

Post by PeteS457 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi all. I have an infinitv cablecard tuner, TWC as cable provider. Since several hundred of the channels are PPV, On Demand, non-HD versions, etc, I have gone through and hid a lot of the channels in the guide. In addition, I bought My Channel Logos and have nice logos on the channels remaining.

I'm about to do some network tuner sharing so another computer in my home can utilize one of the infinitv tuners. From my understanding of the process, I will have to go through the TV guide setup again on my my HTPC as well as the other computer I have in my home - and thus, I will lose all my modifications and logos. Is there any way/product that I can use to backup my channel lineup, retain the hide flag on the channels I have hidden so I don't have to go through that arduous process again - and also backup the logos also. (I could run MCL v2 again, but I have several custom logos and I'd like to save my work so I won't have to manually assign them again.)

Thanks very much for any help/suggestions.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 pm

May want to check out http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 249#p42249

I just answered your MCL question there.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

PeteS457

Post by PeteS457 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks markryger. I had that kind of figured out. When I created some logos for the few channels the autopopulate didn't find, I discovered the appropriate folders and used your naming scheme. That won't be much of a problem. I'm more concerned about going through and hiding unusable channels from the guide again - I hate weeding through the hundreds of On Demand and PPVs on TWC. Any tool for backing up my visible channel lineup?

PeteS457

Post by PeteS457 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 am

Has anyone used mcBackup 3.0? It says that it will backup scheduled recordings and channel lineup. I'm wondering if it will backup my entire channel lineup or just the channels I have left enabled (and keep a disabled flag on the ones I've already marked as such).