Media Center Themer

htpc1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Themer

Post by htpc1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am

I installed Media Center Themer to change my MCE backgrounds.

I changed the color of the default menu background to a whitish color. That is, when I enter 7MC, I see a white background.

However, if a video is playing and I press the MCE button, I still get a blue overlay. How can I change that blue overlay to the same white background in Media Center Themer?

Crewski

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crewski » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:45 pm

There are two ways to go about this.....one is better than the other I think.

Option 1: MCT has the ability to show you all the images it uses. Using the help file that came with MCT, look up how to enable logged resources. Then find the image that is the overlay when you press the MCE button. Once you have the name of the image, you can make changes to the XML file to replace that images (same as you did with the background.

Option 2: MCT has the ability to colorize most of the images it uses. For you that would mean colorizing to white...however with the white lettering that is used, it probably isn't the best idea. The added step would be to change the white lettering to a color that shows up better.

Sorry these aren't the best answers, but I'm not at home right now to give you the specifics. I highly suggest looking through the examples that are found in the help file that comes with MCT....thats how I learned. Good luck.