Picture Library (no items) UPDATING (no items) re-add no go

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
JazJon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Picture Library (no items) UPDATING (no items) re-add no go

Post by JazJon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:00 am

How do I troubleshoot my bedroom Xbox 360 Media Center Extender's picture library staying empty no matter what I do?

I verified that I can see my pictures in my main Living room Media Center. When I click on Pictures, I see \\MEDIA\Pictures as expected. I can drill down and see any and all photos no problem. My slide show screen saver works great even.

When I fire up my Xbox 360 in my Bedroom, I don't see anything at all under Pictures. I get the following error:

"There are no items in this library yet - Windows Media Center is searching for media files in the background. To add more pictures, you can go to Tasks > Settings > Media Libraries

As I see the above, the lower right says:

"UPDATING LIBRARIES You can wait whie media is added or select OK to continue using Windows Media Center"

It takes several hours to reach 100%, but after it does that box goes away, and I'm left with the same:

"There are no items in this library yet - Windows Media Center is searching for media files in the background. To add more pictures, you can go to Tasks > Settings > Media Libraries

I've manually gone into the media libraries via Xbox 360. I pick add folder from another computer. I see MEDIA, I see all the shares, and it shows that \\MEDIA\Pictures is already there!

????

I've tried removing it and readding it. It takes many hours to reach 100% and than nothing shows up! I've tried removing it in the Media Center computer itself an then readding. \\MEDIA\Pictures will show up on the living room main Media Center again after many hours to reach 100%.

The Xbox 360 is still saying:

:-(

What can I do to troubleshoot / fix this?

This didnt work:
http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center ... ender.html

Is the library stored and accessed via Windows Media Player? If so do I need to force a rebuild using the way below?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... aries.html

I'd rather ask the experts before trying that step next.

EDIT: I forgot to add, Videos library works great. I can see \\MEDIA\Videos just fine on both the living room Media Center, and the bedroom Xbox 360 media center extender. It's only the Pictures that is having problems

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 am

I just noticed something. When I go to add a new folder to my library, the \\MEDIA\Pictures share is the ONLY one that doesnt have the +(expand sub folders) box I can click.

I think my Pictures share is some how not sharing correctly. It may be the result of the Drive Pool beta software I'm testing on my Windows Home Server 2011. I'm asking the Dev to confirm if this is possibly the case. I'll update my findings once I learn what's up. I did confirm that I CAN add ANY other shared folder fine. (all other shares show the +expand sub folder box as well) I also posted here: http://forum.covecube.com/discussion/15 ... 360#Item_1

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 pm

It turned out to be a Drive Pool thing that was just fixed today in version StableBit.DrivePool_1.0.0.3705_BETA.wssx

"I've just fixed an issue that was causing the DrivePool service to crash after enabling media streaming on the pictures folder."

Everything works great now! I can see \\MEDIA\Pictures on All my extenders etc.

FIXED!