Channel Map Accuracy

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
glorp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel Map Accuracy

Post by glorp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 am

There is a channel map for the Ceton at http://Card-IP/Services/ChannelMap.html. How or when is that updated? Does it come from the cable company and reflect changes they might make to the physical channel assignments immediately or is it updated only after a media center tv setup/scan? I'm wondering if it can be used to definitively locate clear QAM physical channel numbers for my SD HDHR. I have a couple of local channels that don't even show up anywhere now on repeated WMC setup scans and so I have to manually add them in order to then merge them with the logical cable channels so I can record off both the HDHR and Ceton as a pool. The Ceton channel map shows where they are (and is correct as of now) but if the physical channel for a local moves, will the map reflect the new physical channels from the cable co right away so that I know where to find them easily? So really just asking what "event" causes that table to refresh?

I know there are other sources of info for that too but if it is a quick way to find them I can just look up any missing locals easily there since I always know where the cable companies logical channel number is for a station.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 pm

The channel map comes from the CableCARD. It is updated whenever your cable company moves things around.

glorp

Post by glorp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Excellent. Thank you for the info.