Ceton USB dead in the water

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
romperroom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton USB dead in the water

Post by romperroom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am

So I'm out of town for work training and the wife calls me up and tells me that she turned on the TV andWMC7 came up with error message "Viewing or listening conflict- no tuner available to satisfy request." She saw that the red light on the back of the Ceton box is on. She was was unable to tune in any channel.

I had her power cycle the Ceton unit (as well as remove/replace the cablecard), Tuning adapter & also rebooted HTPC with no effect. I opened up a ticket with Ceton Sunday and they had me try several things (mostly settings and hotfix on the HTPC which I knew wouldn't do anything). I'm guessing the Ceton box bit the dust (I'm thinking maybe overheat issue). I bought it less than 2 months ago and for now is totally useless.

-------------UPDATE----------------
Still waiting on getting this problem fixed. Ceton is saying there's probably a hardware/software conflict which is causing the tuner to not communicate with the Diagnostic tool or Windows Media Center. I'm not buying it because it has been working fine for the last month & a half and nothing has been modified since initial installation.

Ceton has been very slow in responding back to me the last couple of days. Starting to get very frustrated since I now have no TV in the bedroom other than direct cable into the TV. The wife is NOT happy!

Please anyone from Ceton.......HELP!!

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 am

You mentioned the LED is red - is the LED solid red? If so, that's likely a failed tuner. Please PM me your ticket number.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

romperroom

Post by romperroom » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 am

PM sent!

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00 am

Got it - thanks!
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

romperroom

Post by romperroom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 am

Eric,

Thanks for the help. Finally got some action on my ticket! Ceton is overnighting me a new unit so hopefully I'll have everything back up & running by Friday night. Hopefully my wife will love me again then! lol

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 am

romperroom,

Their responses have seemed a little slow over the past couple weeks -- I'm guessing a lot of people got tuners for Xmas???

Mine seems to have bit the dust as well: it was somewhat working a week ago (ie. tuning most channels, but still missing several dozen), then a couple days ago it went to "Service Is Unavailable" for all channels, then today -- after a fresh Windows 7 install -- the diagnostic app won't see any tuners at all. Also there's a flashing blue light on the back which, although I have no idea what it means, can't be great news. I've also had mine less than 3 weeks. Uggh, frustrating!

Boogs

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 am

Boogs wrote: Also there's a flashing blue light on the back which, although I have no idea what it means, can't be great news. I've also had mine less than 3 weeks. Uggh, frustrating!
Flashing blue is good news. http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php? ... inking-led Might not be as dead as you think.

romperroom

Post by romperroom » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 am

Crash2009 wrote:
Boogs wrote: Also there's a flashing blue light on the back which, although I have no idea what it means, can't be great news. I've also had mine less than 3 weeks. Uggh, frustrating!
Flashing blue is good news. http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php? ... inking-led Might not be as dead as you think.
I would have to say that flashing blue is probably always better than solid red!! :cry: Thankfully the new unit arrived and is working beautifully!

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 am

you wouldn't say that if you saw flashing blue in your rear view mirror

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks Crash2009! It seems like that was a quick fix to get the card recognized again -- I dare say these forums can be a little faster than Ceton's support responses these past couple days. I'm still stuck with "Service is Unavailable" for all my channels, but at least it seems like things might be working a little bit. I'll update my Ceton ticket and maybe they can help me with that...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Boogs wrote: "Service is Unavailable"
You might want to stay away from network tuners until after you get the card working good locally. Ceton "self support" is pretty much instant. Their full support is extremely thorough so it takes time to get your turn. They have diagnosed a few hardware failures that I have had in the past. Hardware that was not even their problem....

Have you run the Digital Cable Advisor yet? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... -questions

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Yup, I ran the Digital Cable Advisor, then reset the settings and discovered the tuners again. Luckily it's starting to work again, but only in the limited capacity where I get the Subscription Required message on many of my HD channels. But I do now get a majority of my channels minus about 40 or so HD which I should get.