Arcsoft TMT5 and 24p can you explain ?

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cw-kid » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:51 pm

I also have an ATI card and it auto changes the TV to 24hz when playing Blu-rays in TMT5 within Media Center (I'm not using the external / standalone TMT5 player).
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cw-kid » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:26 pm

cw-kid wrote:Is anyone using TMT5 as an external player for MKV files? I thought I'd heard you could now switch audio tracks and subtitles of MKV files with TMT5 ?

I might try and set it up as an external player in the My Movies options, what you think?
I just tried to play a 1080P HD MKV file in TMT5 within Media Center and its not playing properly, the video playback is slow and glitchy / jurky. :(
I have subtitles showing however (.SRT file).

I just tried another 1080P HD MKV in TMT5 - this one had no .SRT subtitle file or embedded subtitles and the video playback was better but still not totally smooth.

I usually just play MKVs within the native WMC player and that is normally OK (with FFDSHOW DXVA Hardware Acceleration) Smooth as glass even with subtitles on!

Anyone playing MKV files in TMT5 within WMC got any tips? How do you know hardware acceleration is working with TMT5?
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle