HTPC & Xbox - One interface option for Live TV & Recorded TV

xbox33

HTPC Specs: Show details

HTPC & Xbox - One interface option for Live TV & Recorded TV

Post by xbox33 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 am

As far as I can tell if I use windows 8 on my HTPC theres no way to see "live Tv" & "Recorded dvr Tv" on the XBOX (home screen) unless I install and open media center with the XBOX.

Does anyone know of any apps for recording and watching (live) tv on the Xbox home screen? (not instant streaming*)

The question I had for windows 8 on the PC...
Can I install Windows 8 on my HTPC along with Smartglass? Will smartglass send my DVR items (I might have to install Media center so I could schedule all recording) to my xbox interface?

*[it always takes a day or so before the episode I want to watch is available instantly....]Why can't I watch live TV through the xbox interface?

benjames

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by benjames » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm confused what you are trying to ask. I watch live and recorded TV on my xbox all of the time using media center. Typically I setup my recordings from the xbox as well. If you don't want to use media center but want to have that functionally, good luck. You can probably share out the recorded tv shows and perhaps stream them using the xbox video app. If you have media center setup on the PC then all you need to do is setup the extender portion on the xbox. I've not used smartglass that much but so far, haven't found it very useful for anything.