WMC, TMT5, and DVD Playback

werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC, TMT5, and DVD Playback

Post by werds » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:15 am

I recently decided to finally install a BluRay playback software for those rare occasions family brings Blu-Rays to our house either for my daughter or their own entertainment (Never needed it before because everything was always ripped to DVR-MS format for easy playback on extenders).

But I noticed a behavior that slightly annoys me. Now whenever I place a DVD into the PC while in WMC, it goes to a screen that asks me whether I want to use WMC or TMT5 to play it back. I would much prefer to use WMC as the default player for DVD's whilst in WMC... Mostly because I prefer it's interface and because it allows me to set the skip buttons to 30 seconds instead of the default chapter skipping that the TMT5 software is set to use...

How do I go about setting it up this way so that the only thing TMT5 bothers with is when I play Blu-Ray discs and so it never asks me again to play a dvd :)

werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by werds » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Looks like I may have found the answer via google here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1402404/can-y ... nly-on-wmc
Obviously when I test it out tonite at home if it doesn't work I will be right back here saying so lol