What is "Enter text" for?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dmccall

HTPC Specs: Show details

What is "Enter text" for?

Post by dmccall » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 pm

In the Remote Control portion of the Android version of the Ceton Companion, there is a text box at the bottom that has a placeholder reading "Enter text". What in the world is this field for? When I enter something, it never appears on the Media Center screen. Who is getting messages I send from here? My neighbor? Jeremy Hammer?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:31 am

This is for any text entry are on media center. So for instance go into "Search" under the tv section. Press title, then you can enter text on your Ceton Companion and hit send and you will see it come up in media center.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Danee

Post by Danee » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Very usefull function, beats the way it works with the normal remote, but there is no easy way to clear the inputfield after you entered the text. You can use the back button that acts as a backspace when the inputfield is selected but if you hit it one time to much it will act as back button (obviously but annoying) Would be great if the app has a 'clear' button next to the send button to empty the inputfield.

olyteddy

Post by olyteddy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:43 am

It doesn't work for entering channel numbers as far as I can tell. Is there a method to enter a channel number directly?

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I am going to add a numerical remote for the next app update that will do this.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

osubucks

Post by osubucks » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Wanted to let you know that the numeric keypad on the remote is exactly what I was looking for as well. Sometimes I simply want to key in the channel and not surf to it in the guide. I have been using the app a few days now on iOS and I think it is great! Keep up the great work!