For The Record MCE Client

A place for App developers to hang out / post
bobbob

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bobbob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 am

CyberSimian wrote:The feature that I would like to see in a Media-Center plug-in is the ability to allocate the tuners sensibly! And by that I mean this:

I schedule programme A to record from 18.00-19.00.
I schedule programme B to record from 19.00-20.00.
I want to use 1 minute of pre-padding, and 5 minutes of post-padding.
I therefore want programme A to record 17.59-19.05 and B to record 18.59-20.05.
I therefore want MC to use two tuners.

Now we all know that in this scenario, MC will use only one tuner, and drop the post-padding from programme A, and drop the pre-padding from programme B. It is possible to force MC to use two tuners, but that requires going to the "Advanced Record" panel every time that a recording is scheduled. I want to be able simply to select "Record" or "Record Series", and have the plug-in do whatever is necessary to cause MC to use separate tuners.

Now that would be a plug-in for which I would pay real money (within reason!).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
really? i find it incredible that MC cannot use one tuner for that scenario but share the overlap between the two recodings. its one of my biggest disappointments that dvblogic simply replicated this flawed process in their own recorder and they wonder why there is slow take up of it! i have hope that they will rectify this in future though. combined with xbmc its the future of my HTPC

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 am

gpatlanta wrote:Are there any plans for FTR to work with CableCard and DRM in the US? Perhaps this could lead to a solution down the road when WMC is retired.
it give a thread in the FTR Forum

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

bobbob wrote:i find it incredible that MC cannot use one tuner for that scenario but share the overlap between the two recodings.
The post referenced below on the web site of your favourite tuner-card manufacturer claims that MythTV can perform this trick, but the tuner drivers need to support the capability. You will no doubt be pleased to learn that tuner cards made by your favourite tuner-card manufacturer do support this capability (see Steven's reply to the referenced post):

http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... mux#p26118

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am

does it need driver support? am i making it far too simple by suggesting one stream covering programs a and b could be split into two with each part taking the full pre and post padding?

nice to know someone is looking at it though, if its in mythtv it can't be too long before dvblink pick up on it

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am

i'm suere i also saw something recently about being able to record multiple streams from the same transponder so long as they were on the same frequency. i think it was on the dvblink roadmap. obviously this is still somewhat limiting but could make it significantly better than today!

edit: this is dvb-s2

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 am

bobbob wrote:does it need driver support? am i making it far too simple by suggesting one stream covering programs a and b could be split into two with each part taking the full pre and post padding?
I do not really know, but I suspect that you are correct for consecutive recordings on a single channel -- it is entirely the choice of the TV application (Media Center in our case) whether to offer this capability. However, consecutive recordings on different channels in the same MUX would require the TV application to be able to retrieve the multiple channels from the driver (hence the driver would need to offer this as an option). (I am assuming here that it is the driver that does the channel deMUXing; that may be an incorrect assumption!)

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 pm

sadly but true ForTheRecord ( the Backend is dead )
or should i say it has become a new name (ArgusTv )

i doesnt know it at time
and i doesnt know, is it better or not

the client project is at moment paused

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 am

Would you have a MCE Client for ArgusTv?

If the result in the next 31 days high enough rebuild i the ForTheRecord? MCE Client

you can here vote