Guide Tool help required!

CogZog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide Tool help required!

Post by CogZog » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi, so nice to see the return of TGB community!

I need a little help regarding Guide Tool. I have replaced my DVB-S card with a dual tuner DVB-S2 card and have fed a twin cable from my quad LNB to the 2 inputs on the card. What I want to know now is rather than have 2 seperate channel listings of the samechannels, will the "Merge Channels" feature mean that only 1 channel will show in the EPG guide, but in fact MC7 will still have access to the 2 channels? What I mean is, if I record one channel on one feed, it will allow me to watch or record a channel on the 2nd feed even though they have been merged. Is that how the "Merge" feature works?

Is "Merge" the best way to organise the 2 feeds or have I misunderstood the meaning of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have noticed a new guide tool posted on here called Guide Editor 2.0. Would this save my edited channel lists and Is this a better program to use than Guide Tool?

Kind regards,
CogZog.
Some times I wake up sleepy, other times I let her sleep!

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:08 pm

You shouldn't normally get two lineups, did you run through TV setup after fitting the new card?

Did you manually select the tuners, or did Media Center find both tuners automatically as part of the wizard?

You can try merging the channels but I'd check the sources for each channel to ensure that the old card is not still listed first.

Tasks>settings>TV>Guide>Edit Channels>[click on a channel]>Edit Sources

Another option is to wipe out your current TV config (nasty, I know!) and then run through TV setup again.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

holidayboy wrote: Another option is to wipe out your current TV config (nasty, I know!) and then run through TV setup again.
Oh I really don't like the sound of that one, lol. I will try running the scan again because I think you might be right about still having the old line up? Thanks for the response, most helpful, I think?!

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:44 am

Well, I had to clear out my TV data then did a new full scan. Everything seems to be back to how it should be.

Many thanks for the help!

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Glad you're up and running again :)
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.