Works with multiple WMC PCs?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Works with multiple WMC PCs?

Post by cw-kid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi

Before I purchase this app, can I install the Ceton server component on to multiple WMC PCs? And then Play To any HTPC? From the app..

I have two Windows 7 HTPC's and two extenders that are connected to one of the HTPCs.

Thanks
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:38 pm

So how it will work is this:
1.) Install services on both WMC PCs.
2.) In app do a wifi scan... both HTPCs will show up.
3.) You can connect and browse each of them separately.
4.) When you start playback you would want to be connected to the HTPC with extenders and then it will pop up and ask you where you want to play it back to.

If your second HTPC with extenders is reading recorded tv from a common share they will show up inside of the app as well....
I Write, Code, and Tweet

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 am

Hi thanks for the reply, so if I want to play a movie on the HTPC that does not have the extenders connected to it, presumably when the app is connected to that HTPC and choosing play it would just play on that HTPC and not prompt you where to play.

In the My Movies mobile app if works a bit differently. When viewing a movie title from the list and you select Play on Media Center it then brings up list of all four devices, i.e. the two HTPCs and the two extenders, you don't need to connect to each HTPC, but I guess their app is more simplistic as there is no recorded TV and EPG stuff.

Thanks
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah we work a bit differently, we list the PC you are connected to and any session open. This might change in the future though, feature requests are always welcome.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

tootal2

Post by tootal2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm

I had to change to port numbers on 1 computer so i could use port forwading on both computers. it seems to be working fine.