Best Apple Airplay app for WMC ?

evorgevol

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by evorgevol » Tue May 15, 2012 6:27 am

I know this is an old thread, but I've only recently tried getting this to work and I had the same issues with iOS 5 so I decided to try and sort it out. I have a fix for it, so I'm trying to get in contact with the developer for him to update the app (or give me the source code to update). Annoyingly it's only a one line change, so I can't really be bothered to write the whole thing from scratch for it, though if I can't contact him then I'll probably end up doing it.

I know $10 for Aerodrom is a lot cheaper than me spending a couple of evenings and high stress levels, but it's the principal of it!! :)

I'll keep you posted with what happens

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 am

sound great I am very interested in getting this working again. Thanks.

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm

evorgevol, any update on this? Would love to see this working again.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

...especially if I don't have to engage something inside of MC for it to function.

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 am

Since it's MCE friendly for AirPlay, It's a shame AeroDrome doesn't support mirroring yet. Their site says:

"We put many hours of development in the support of AirPlay mirroring, but we found that without further knowledge of Fairplay DRM we will unable to support this feature. "

I found another recently released Windows AirPlay app named Reflection
http://www.reflectionapp.com/

It DOES support full mirroring. You see a giant iPhone on your TV. You see AND hear everything. It even flips orientation too. (or auto full screen in preferences) You need to make sure you close Media Center first though. I sent the reflection support email asking them to make it more MCE friendly. It would be the perfect app if I could connect with out having to close/minimize Media Center first. Close enough though

I found it via quick google search and this page:
http://www.tuaw.com/2012/06/06/embargo- ... o-windows/

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

FYI: (response from the AeroDrome dev:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for the tip. We are aware of these products and we are in contact with the developers, but it ain't that easy at all.
But we continue our efforts.

Kr
funkyf@ctory"

Am 29.07.2012 05:33, schrieb service@foxyform

Name: Jon
E-Mail: xxx@xxx.xxx
Subject: Suggestion on how to get Mirroring working
Message: Hello, I noticed your FAQ says you\'re not able to get mirroring working yet. I saw another app that supports mirroring in Windows that was released a few weeks ago. Maybe you can reverse engineer it and use the same methods to bring mirroring to your app.

http://reflectionapp.com/

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/06/06/embargo- ... o-windows/

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm

reply from Reflection app support: (notice part about pending MCE support!)

"Hi Jon,
Thank you for your support. We appreciate it. Our developers are hard at working on creating a more stable release. The next update should fix many of the crash issues you're seeing.

Additionally, we're working to add better support for applications like Windows Media Center and XBMC.

Best,
Sidney
Reflection
@ReflectionApp
www.reflectionapp.com"