Jetway Ecomani wireless keyboard?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
critcher

HTPC Specs: Show details

Jetway Ecomani wireless keyboard?

Post by critcher » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:56 am

Is anyone using one of these? http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/Peripherals ... ductid=859

I'm looking out for a mini wireless keyboard with a trackpad, and this one looks great. I particularly like the way it's either a keyboard or a trackpad - no accidentally moving the cursor while typing!

It doesn't seem to be available in the UK, where I am, so I'll have to order it from the US. It'd be good to know if it's any good before shipping it across the pond.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 am

There is also the Lenovo N5902, backlit keyboard and has a track pad as well. I have one..works pretty well.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

critcher

Post by critcher » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 am

I did see that one too, but was a bit put off by the odd shape. I just watched a video of it, and I might have changed my mind - it looks comfy to use, and nice and solid too.

Hmm.

Sold!

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 pm

I use this one. It works great, as long as you don't put the receiver behind the PC. I use a 3 foot USB extension cable with my receiver, and have the receiver attached to the TV with velcro. The keyboard is about the size of a laptop keyboard, and has a multi-touch mousepad just like a laptop. Works perfect for those times when you need a keyboard/mouse on the couch.

critcher

Post by critcher » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 pm

The mouse and keyboard on the floor is spoiling the effect of a shiny new htpc. They have to go!

I kinda expected to put the receiver at the back of the pc - it's not IR and doesn't need line of sight - isn't that right then?

My front USB ports are hidden behind a little door.

Darn it.

critcher

Post by critcher » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm

A little aluminium door. That won't help the wireless signal much.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 pm

RF signals get messed up when there are metal objects near the antenna. They also get messed up when there are pretty much any large objects like walls and furniture near them. My keyboard works great from 15 feet when the receiver is moved away from the back of the PC. Some keyboards use BlueTooth... and those may work well at 15 feet even with the receiver plugged into the rear of the PC... but you won't get the full distance that is possible with BlueTooth if your receiver is located behind your PC.

My keyboard may not be the best out there when it comes to transmission distance... but it was inexpensive and offered a full size laptop keyboard with a multi-touch mouse. I really don't like anything less than the size of a 15-17" laptop keyboard, so this one was perfect for me. It fits perfectly on my lap.

You can get a USB extension cable pretty cheap at monoprice.com, and this will allow you to place the keyboard receiver pretty much anywhere.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 pm

I use this...

http://www.mobilemouse.com/

iOS and Android compatible...assuming you've already invested in one of these platforms. I use my iPad in the LR regularly so this approach makes more sense than stashing another piece of hardware in the room.