Recorded TV HD Addin

markterborg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV HD Addin

Post by markterborg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:17 pm

I just thought I would create this post just in case you haven't heard of Recorded TV HD.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com

Basically it is a different recorded tv interface that has a million options :)... You don't have to rename any of your files and it will automatically download background/poster art. You can also have files of other formats such as Amazon VOD downloads, etc.

One of the best features, in my opinion, is the ability to setup favorites lists so that you can separate your recordings by person in your family or any other way you want. It will also allow you to hide your recorded movies from the standard view if you don't want to see those.

Please try it out if you haven't yet... You will get a fully functional 30 day trial. If you have tried it out already and your trial expired 60+ days ago you will get a brand new trial! I've got forums over there on the website so feel free to post over there.

Thanks!
Mark Terborg
Developer of Recorded TV HD

Here are some screenshots:

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 am

Cool, looks worth a shot. It's like the My Movies plug in on steroids only for Recorded TV.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Is there any way to get it to sort recordings by date, and I don't mean latest series recording by date? That apparent lack of sort makes neither my wife or me like it. If so, it is a keeper.
Mike

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 pm

If you click on the headings at the top, you can change the sort.

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 am

Even when you sort by date, it STILL groups by series and sorts by last recorded series episode
Mike

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:39 am

mmatheny wrote:Even when you sort by date, it STILL groups by series and sorts by last recorded series episode
I need to put that option in the Media Center UI. The option is in the separate Recorded TV HD Settings program outside of MC. Find the settings for the header options and then the option next to date recorded called group by series.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

+1 for RTVHD. Had it about a year now. Wife loves it.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

you can de-group, its in the settings program, headers tab. i wanted the view you want too so used this for a while but i was seeing some instability coming out of a recording and back into the main listing. developer suggested the number of shows (350 odd) might have something to do with it so i've turned it back off and currently have them grouped to see if it improves things

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanx Found that. However, another issue - if I am watching a show and pause it, and go to Recorded TV HD, I cannot get to the settings icon! And also, when I set the appearance to single row with the external config program it doesn't seem to take effect in WMC - I have not quit WMC and restarted it to see if that will make it work.

EDIT: restarting WMC fixed the changed view issue. Still cannot get to the settings icon if I have paused any now playing content - the cursor just jumps down to the now playing content - won't go over to the settings icon!
Last edited by mmatheny on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 am

I'm down to 10 days left on my free trial. I'm still undecided. Since installing this program, my machine has become less stable. For example, just a few days ago, the PC would not display any video after waking from sleep. My only choice was to forcibly reboot it. This never happened before installing Recorded TV HD. Weird things started happening immediately after installing this software... none of which had ever happened before... and no other changes were made to the machine.

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:31 pm

mmatheny wrote:Thanx Found that. However, another issue - if I am watching a show and pause it, and go to Recorded TV HD, I cannot get to the settings icon! And also, when I set the appearance to single row with the external config program it doesn't seem to take effect in WMC - I have not quit WMC and restarted it to see if that will make it work.

EDIT: restarting WMC fixed the changed view issue. Still cannot get to the settings icon if I have paused any now playing content - the cursor just jumps down to the now playing content - won't go over to the settings icon!
I'll look into your issue. I usually don't pause something and them go back so I must not have noticed that. Thanks.

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:42 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:I'm down to 10 days left on my free trial. I'm still undecided. Since installing this program, my machine has become less stable. For example, just a few days ago, the PC would not display any video after waking from sleep. My only choice was to forcibly reboot it. This never happened before installing Recorded TV HD. Weird things started happening immediately after installing this software... none of which had ever happened before... and no other changes were made to the machine.
I haven't got a clue how Recorded TV HD could cause your Media Center to not playback video but I'm not going to claim that it is impossible. I can understand your concerns. I try to make everything work as stable as possible and I don't really have any answers for you.... but I can say that my Media Center has always had weird things happening to it, although infrequently, well before I started programming Recorded TV HD. I know that isn't really a good excuse. Just thought I would share that the blame mght be or might not be Recorded TV HD :)

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:31 pm

markterborg wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:I'm down to 10 days left on my free trial. I'm still undecided. Since installing this program, my machine has become less stable. For example, just a few days ago, the PC would not display any video after waking from sleep. My only choice was to forcibly reboot it. This never happened before installing Recorded TV HD. Weird things started happening immediately after installing this software... none of which had ever happened before... and no other changes were made to the machine.
I haven't got a clue how Recorded TV HD could cause your Media Center to not playback video but I'm not going to claim that it is impossible. I can understand your concerns. I try to make everything work as stable as possible and I don't really have any answers for you.... but I can say that my Media Center has always had weird things happening to it, although infrequently, well before I started programming Recorded TV HD. I know that isn't really a good excuse. Just thought I would share that the blame mght be or might not be Recorded TV HD :)
When I say that there was no video, I mean the screen was blank. I couldn't do anything. The PC was running, but I could not see anything on the screen.

My Media Center machine has been very stable. I don't make many changes to it because it is the ONLY source for Cable TV in my entire household.

As for now, I've un-installed Recorded TV HD. I'm going to run like this for at least a couple of weeks to be certain that there isn't something else causing my troubles. If the instability problems continue, I'll know that it wasn't caused by Recorded TV HD... and vice versa.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm

First off, love the Recorded TV HD add-in. Everything I need it to do, it seems to do just fine. One small bug I've found is if I select the -Scheduled- tab in the Recorded TV library, then go to the Movie library and try to play a movie, it doesn't show the option to play, just the favorites check box with no other screens to pivot to.

Can someone try this on their machine and confirm or deny this? Thanks!

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Cyterio wrote:First off, love the Recorded TV HD add-in. Everything I need it to do, it seems to do just fine. One small bug I've found is if I select the -Scheduled- tab in the Recorded TV library, then go to the Movie library and try to play a movie, it doesn't show the option to play, just the favorites check box with no other screens to pivot to.

Can someone try this on their machine and confirm or deny this? Thanks!
I believe I just reproduced it as explained... but I had a few different results. When you say going from he scheduled tab and then going to the movie library... do you mean from the scheduled tab you either go back or hit the green button and then go to the movies section from the strip? If I do that I get an index is out of range error. I'll work on fixing that and then report back here. Thanks!

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:48 am

I normally just hit the back button, I'll have to try using the green button to see if I get similar results. Its an easy fix on my side, I just have to move the Recorded Tv tab back to the titles, then when I enter the movies library it shows correctly.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 am

Cyterio wrote:I normally just hit the back button, I'll have to try using the green button to see if I get similar results. Its an easy fix on my side, I just have to move the Recorded Tv tab back to the titles, then when I enter the movies library it shows correctly.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
I've already fixed the problem in my code. It wouldn't matter if you used the green button or the back button. I'm working fixing another bug right now, but I should be able to release a fix for your shortly. Thanks for letting me know.

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 am

I just wanted to say I like this Recorded TV HD Addin. I'm going to buy & keep it installed for sure :) Fun stuff

Danno100

Post by Danno100 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Nice Add-in. One of the best I have seen in recent times. I am testing it, but will purchase it for sure.
Home Theater/Automation Enthusiast

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 pm

I've run into another bug with the app. I have some select movies in my library that generate incorrect coverart. A few examples are; Up, The Jungle Book, Iron Man 2, and Yogi Bear. I've tried using the option in the settings to change incorrect data, and it shows the correct image when a search is performed, however, it downloads coverart with foreign text. I've tried deleting everything inside the source folders of the movies but these few continue to show up incorrectly. Can anyone confirm this or possibly fix this?