W7CallerID

surge

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by surge » Tue May 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Have you thought about adding YAC support?
My home automation system is also a YAC server that currently sends CallerID and other notifications (ie: Garage is Open) to other devices in our home.

thanks

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:56 am

surge wrote:Have you thought about adding YAC support?
My home automation system is also a YAC server that currently sends CallerID and other notifications (ie: Garage is Open) to other devices in our home.

thanks
I'm not going to support YAC, but as an alternative I'm adding HTTP support of incoming notifications in XBMC format.
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:57 am

W7 Caller ID supports Windows Phone 7.5 Mango!

I've successfully tested Nokia Lumea 710 running WP 7.5 Mango.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 pm

This new Caller ID project looks very interesting indeed! I have had Caller ID working in the past with Vista Media Center but haven't had it for a while now.
If I set it up again I'd want to install a low profile modem card in to my Windows Home Server and have the phone line connect in to that modem and also have the Bluetooth dongle on the home server as well and then the clients Windows 7 Media Center PC's / Extenders display the notifications on the TV's.

Is this type of configuration possible with W7callerID? Anyone using W7callerID in the UK? Can anyone recommend a low profile modem card that works with Caller ID in the UK ? BT Landline.
Or better still an external USB modem that would be suitable.

I can recommend the Zoom 3025 PCI card for UK caller ID but its full height.

I see you have some support for XBMC as well, makes W7callerID even more appealing! As looking at migrating from WMC to XBMC but keeping Windows Home Server as is.

EDIT: Looks like this UK modem might do the job, cheap as well.

Cheers
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Looks like W7CallerID works on WHS 2011.
Anyone installed it on WHS V1 ?

I've just ordered BT Caller Display aka CallerID which is free with BT Privacy at Home.

Gonna buy that UK modem off ebay as well. Says it works with XP so hoping will work with WHS V1 (2003 Server).
And I already have a Bluetooth USB dongle kicking around somewhere, will let you know how I get on..

Cheers
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:51 pm

it was me that bought the usb modem and i can confirm it works well. had an issue the other day where some other drivers got installed but easily fixed, i think it was a bit of careless windows updating on my behalf

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:11 pm

bobbob wrote:it was me that bought the usb modem and i can confirm it works well. had an issue the other day where some other drivers got installed but easily fixed, i think it was a bit of careless windows updating on my behalf
Thanks for the heads up, I just bought that modem :)
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Sounds like I am going to have to do some wiring and add an additional phone / analog socket as I cannot just add a splitter with the BT Infinity data socket to cable to the analog USB modem.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

i have a main bt socket which allows you to take the bottom half off. i actually have my internet modem plugged in on an extension to this but i found when i plugged it in to the socket you see when the cover is on i got rubbish internet speed. so i found if i plugged it in to the socket you find when you take the cover off i got my expected full speed. i then have the caller ID modem plugged in to the socket on the outside and this works fine. dunno if this applies to your situation. also when the BT guy came round to fit the fibre optic modem he hard wired in the extension so its permanent now

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm

bobbob wrote:i have a main bt socket which allows you to take the bottom half off. i actually have my internet modem plugged in on an extension to this but i found when i plugged it in to the socket you see when the cover is on i got rubbish internet speed. so i found if i plugged it in to the socket you find when you take the cover off i got my expected full speed. i then have the caller ID modem plugged in to the socket on the outside and this works fine. dunno if this applies to your situation. also when the BT guy came round to fit the fibre optic modem he hard wired in the extension so its permanent now
You can see on this page here how they wired up my sockets. The BT Master Socket in the living room just connects to my telephone. There is then an extension / joiner box which connects a long CAT5e cable under the living room floor to the BT Infinity Data socket which is in the cupboard under the stairs, this is where the VDSL modem and BT Home Hub are in the cupboard as I did not want that kit in my living room on show, plus my network patch panel and giga switch are in the same cupboard. I think I can just use a spare pair of wires in the existing long CAT5e cable and add a new analog / phone socket next to the existing data socket in the cupboard, I will have to punch this pair in to the back of the master socket.

EDIT: I've done the wiring now and added a new Phone Socket in to the server cupboard which has a dial tone :D
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 am

OK I've installed an ASUS USB-BT21 Bluetooth dongle in to my WHS V1 server. I installed the Asus Utilities and Drivers and everything is installed OK in device manager.
I then paired my Samsung mobile phone with the WHS server OK. I don't have a smart phone its just a normal Samsung mobile phone. I can see the WHS01 server listed in bluetooth devices on the phone and also on the server it lists my phone named Stu, see screen shot below.

You can see W7CallerID has found the Asus Bluetooth modem on COM6 (I've not installed the other USB Analog modem yet)

However in WC7CallerID on the Bluetooth tab no bluetooth device is listed any ideas?

Bluetooth services available on the WHS 2003 Server

Thanks
Last edited by cw-kid on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 am

Another issue?

I've installed the W7CallerID client on to my Windows 7 laptop. I entered the laptops host name in to the settings and selected Speech checkbox.
I then went to the WHS and in the W7CallerID server settings added a target with the same host name of the laptop / port 8000 and ticked IsActive.
On the laptop client when I right click W7CallerID and select logs it says: Communication Problem with W7CallerID Server. I have turned off the firewall on the WHS server and also on the client Laptop however I still get the error.

When I installed W7CallerID server on the WHS I was prompted to unblock the firewall which I did. Likewise on the laptop it added an exception in the firewall for W7CallerID
C:\program files (x86)\w7callerid.com\w7 caller id pc client\w7calleridclient.exe

Thanks
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

cw-kid wrote:Another issue?
I've installed the W7CallerID client on to my Windows 7 laptop. I entered the laptops host name in to the settings and selected Speech checkbox.
Thanks
You need to enter your server name there

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 pm

sberghici wrote:
cw-kid wrote:Another issue?
Thanks
You need to enter your server name there
Doh! That works now.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Struggling with the Bluetooth on my WHS V1 and my non smart phone. As long as it works with the house landline phone I will be happy. So the only way to import contacts is either Gmail or Outlook ? I take it there is no contact manager program as part of W7CallerID where you can add contact records ? So I guess I will need to update / add my Gmail contacts list and import.

Thanks
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 pm

cw-kid wrote:Struggling with the Bluetooth on my WHS V1 and my non smart phone. As long as it works with the house landline phone I will be happy. So the only way to import contacts is either Gmail or Outlook ? I take it there is no contact manager program as part of W7CallerID where you can add contact records ? So I guess I will need to update / add my Gmail contacts list and import.

Thanks
1. Somethng goes wrong with your BT setup. When you click scan you should see you Bluetooth devices in settings.
2. For BT modem try to use the following init command AT+CLIP ( I'm not supporting this feature anymore but it may work)
3. Make sure you downloaded the latest drivers from ASUS website.
4. You can add contacts in "Callers" form - click Add button there

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm

sberghici wrote:

1. Somethng goes wrong with your BT setup. When you click scan you should see you Bluetooth devices in settings.
2. For BT modem try to use the following init command AT+CLIP ( I'm not supporting this feature anymore but it may work)
3. Make sure you downloaded the latest drivers from ASUS website.
4. You can add contacts in "Callers" form - click Add button there
1. Clicking scan and I can't see any bluetooth devices in the bluetooth tab in W7CallerID server.
2. Will try that (But not sure what I am doing)
3. I did download the latest utility / drives from Asus this morning
4. Great that works well, I will add my contacts that way.

Cheers
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Got a problem with the modem I purchased off ebay the seller is away until the 19th of August, I never noticed when I bought it, but cant wait that long.

I would like to buy the same modem but off a different seller. Do you think this modem here is the same as the one you recommended here?

Or this Pluscom one? here

Bobbob can you give me the make / model numbers off your modem please.

Thanks
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

sberghici

Post by sberghici » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:02 pm

cw-kid wrote:Got a problem with the modem I purchased off ebay the seller is away until the 19th of August, I never noticed when I bought it, but cant wait that long.

I would like to buy the same modem but off a different seller. Do you think this modem here is the same as the one you recommended here?

Thanks
I would be careful - you can buy it if it has the same chipset revision. As I remember Bobbob used to have the Conexant that did not work.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 pm

sberghici wrote:
cw-kid wrote:Got a problem with the modem I purchased off ebay the seller is away until the 19th of August, I never noticed when I bought it, but cant wait that long.

Thanks
I would be careful - you can buy it if it has the same chipset revision. As I remember Bobbob used to have the Conexant that did not work.
Nightmare how will I work out if they have the same chipset revision? Bobbob said his modem was working OK in the UK. I PM him for the model details.

EDIT: Oh I see he bought one modem that didn't work and then bought that one that did !
That PlusCom one has CallerID support listed. Bugger I might have to wait till August then if we can't find one on eBay for me that is the right type?
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle