Vista4Cast ?

hansolo77

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by hansolo77 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Hey guys!

I was the one who contacted PeteT a few months ago to see if he had any plans to try a workaround and use Yahoo's API rather than Weather Channel's. He said he would be willing to give it another try and would keep in touch. I haven't heard from him in awhile, but this last week or so, my vista4cast app actually started working again. It wasn't working for like 8 months, but I never uninstalled it, then it just magically started to update again. I don't know if Weather Channel's API had changed, or if somehow the app got a sneak update that now works with something else. Anyway, it's once again not working now. I keep getting a Java debug error. So... if PeteT is out there and working on a fix, things are looking up. At least something is happening on the 'backend.'

epete

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by epete » Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 pm

hansolo77 wrote:It wasn't working for like 8 months, but I never uninstalled it, then it just magically started to update again.
I just noticed this my self this weekend. I was looking at the forecast that had been wrong for so long and thought to myself, hey the forecast that is now showing looks surprisingly accurate, than realized it was updating.

I am happy now. Wonder how long it will work.