Xbox 360 won't detect Vista Media Center

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
unoplayer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 won't detect Vista Media Center

Post by unoplayer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:37 am

My Xbox 360 won't detect Media Center on my Windows Vista x64 PC. It can detect the PC itself and stream music/photos/videos, but it can't detect Media Center. The PC recognizes the Xbox as a Media Center Extender. What is the problem? Thanks.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am

Upgrade to Windows 7. :)

tillerr

Post by tillerr » Fri May 18, 2012 2:59 pm

unoplayer wrote:My Xbox 360 won't detect Media Center on my Windows Vista x64 PC. It can detect the PC itself and stream music/photos/videos, but it can't detect Media Center. The PC recognizes the Xbox as a Media Center Extender. What is the problem? Thanks.
Same issue for me. It just started about three weeks ago. The only way to get the Extender (Xbox 360) to connect to MC on PC is to set up the Extender again. Once setup is complete MC starts up on the Extender and I can operate as usual. If I exit MC on the Extender and then press the green button again it just tries to load and then eventually says the MC PC isn't found/connecting to the Extender. This is very frustrating because I can access shared folders and files on the PC without a problem from the Extender.

I will appreciate any help or tips offered, other than upgrading to Windows 7 :)