NVIDIA driver won't install

billybax

HTPC Specs: Show details

NVIDIA driver won't install

Post by billybax » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:30 pm

I've been running Media Center for years but it crashed a few weeks ago. I had to use a Win 7 repair disk to get it up again. That worked but the video was stuttering, very noticeable on live sports. Microsoft loaded a driver for my NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 but that has the stuttering issues. I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the latest driver package for the 730. While installing that, it always stopped with a generic error message that a problem occurred. So I went to my files and found the driver that I had been using since 2021: GeForce Experience v3.21.0.36. Running that resulted in the same error message and installation stopped.
I then went to Device Manager and rolled back the driver to 8/11/2016 21.21.13.7254 by NVIDIA. That fixed the problem and video is now normal.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is and how I can update to the current driver?

Thanks, Bill

IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 am

Did you remember to change your Operating System to Windows 7 and select 32-bit or 64-bit?
If you are accessing the download page from another computer it will default to the driver for that computer.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1