Getting WMC and ATI HD650 to work in Win 11

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
bummer7

HTPC Specs: Show details

Getting WMC and ATI HD650 to work in Win 11

Post by bummer7 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:36 pm

To all,

I can use some help in getting my ATI HD650 PCI-E card to work. The short story is I upgaded my desktop system a few weeks back. the new desktop is a used OptiPlex 7000 tower. Prior to this, my old desktop was running Win 10 Pro and the AT card was working perfectly well with WMC and EPG123. I cloned my original drive to the new system and everything fired up except for the ATI card. From all appearances, it looks like the ATI driver version 6.14.10.283 is not able to start.

This has me stumped as to why. I am thinking their is a hardware or software conflict somewhere that is stopping the driver from starting. But where is the problem? And how to fix it? Or is there a newer driver for this device?

I know the ATI TV wonder card is old/ancient. Its worked well for me but I wonder if it is time to upgrade it too? Any ideas suggestions, criticsm is welcome.
TIA,
-s

bummer7

Post by bummer7 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:23 am

Maybe I should reframe my query? Would anyone know if the AMD ATI unified Avstream Driver for Win7x64 will work with Win 11 Professional?
I know I have a driver problem in that the current ATI HD650 driver is not working. Just wondering if someone else had the same problem and what they did to fix it.
TIA,
-s

Barley

Post by Barley » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:40 am

I'm using ATI Unified AVStream Driver 6.14.10.283 in Windows 11 Home 23H2 for my ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCI-e.

One problem is that this driver prevents me from using Windows Security Core Isolation Memory Integrity. You might want to check to see if this is enabled. That may be blocking the driver from functioning correctly.