MMC APK for Android (I have it)

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
bobr31

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bobr31 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:43 am

Thanks for your post spanner. I just downloaded the Amazon App Store app and to my surprise, the MMC app is still listed. I bought another copy of My Media Center for $4.99 and just installed it on my tablet and my S23. It appears to be working great!! Lets hope it lasts! I've just spent 3 days with Google Play Store support and the bottom line was essentially ...""the only thing we can help you with is downloading and installing apps we currently support. Sorry we did something that disabled the license on your legacy app but we don't have the ability to fix that"

aqsa888

Post by aqsa888 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:20 pm

bobr31 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:50 pm I'm a long time user of Windows Media Center and the My Media Center app (since 2011) and am still using the original CetonInfiniTV4 tuner I got way back then. For the first time ever, I am getting a warning message that prevents me from using the MMC app. The message reads "Application Not Licensed. This application is not licensed. Please purchase it from Android Market" This first appeared on my Samsung Tab5Se last week and just yesterday on my Samsung S23+. It obviously prevents the app from loading due to lack of license verification. I suspect there was a recent update to Google Play that has caused this. The app is ancient and no longer offered/supported by Google Play. There is no record anywhere in my Google Play account of my purchase or of a history of having the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my copy of the app and no love. I downloaded the copy linked on this page with the same result. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any suggestions on what to try as a workaround? There are multiple sites recommending using an app called Lucky Patcher to disable the license verification code in the app but I am suspicious of the validity/safety of the app and am reluctant to try it.
Is there a workaround for the "Application Not Licensed" error when trying to use the MMC APK on Android? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm

Is this still available in the Amazon App Store ? I don’t see it. Can someone post a link ?

spanner

Post by spanner » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm

Jacoats wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm Is this still available in the Amazon App Store ? I don’t see it. Can someone post a link ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/andro ... as_mbl_ldg here is the link to the amazon android app store, once installed I just searched for Ceton and it was there and works on my Samsung s23

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:58 pm

+1

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:36 pm

Update. I went out and bought an S23FE just so I could get this app working and work it does. Got it from the Amazon app store. $4.99.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:35 am

i just installed it from Amazon App Store App for Android, and it works!!!! :)

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:47 am

bobr31 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:43 am Thanks for your post spanner. I just downloaded the Amazon App Store app and to my surprise, the MMC app is still listed. I bought another copy of My Media Center for $4.99 and just installed it on my tablet and my S23. It appears to be working great!! Lets hope it lasts! I've just spent 3 days with Google Play Store support and the bottom line was essentially ...""the only thing we can help you with is downloading and installing apps we currently support. Sorry we did something that disabled the license on your legacy app but we don't have the ability to fix that"

Cool TY!!

i got it to work on my Android phone today. and next i can buy a tablet for the kitchen and install it.

my old tablet broke a few months ago. and now i know that MMC with work on a replacement.

Note: the only reason i had an Android Tablet in the kitchen, on a stand; was so when i blasted water -- to quickly wash dishes in the middle of watching WMC and couldn't her TV in next room; i could quickly pause from MMC on the Tablet. It was bliss and will once again. :)

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 pm

I also have this working on my S21FE. One of the differences I notice between this and the iOS version is no thumbnails. I see them in the iOS version but not the android version. I don’t see anything to enable them in the settings. Anyone else having a different experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:37 pm

Jacoats wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 pm I also have this working on my S21FE. One of the differences I notice between this and the iOS version is no thumbnails. I see them in the iOS version but not the android version. I don’t see anything to enable them in the settings. Anyone else having a different experience?

scrolling through thumbnails of movies is a feature that is on the IOS version and was never available on android. I had a apple phone for a short while and really liked that feature

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:28 pm

Oh ok. I was thinking there was a setting. Thanks for the info!

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:45 pm

Jacoats wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:28 pm Oh ok. I was thinking there was a setting. Thanks for the info!
forgive me, I got this app mixed up with another app that is having the same issue (dvd profiler). I am unsure about any differences with the MMC app on IOS and android, sorry for the misinformation

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:02 pm

spanner wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm
Jacoats wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm Is this still available in the Amazon App Store ? I don’t see it. Can someone post a link ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/andro ... as_mbl_ldg here is the link to the amazon android app store, once installed I just searched for Ceton and it was there and works on my Samsung s23
This app is working great except no thumbnails. Do you see thumbnails ?

spanner

Post by spanner » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:47 pm

Jacoats wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:02 pm
spanner wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 pm
This app is working great except no thumbnails. Do you see thumbnails ?
Just checked, and I hadn't noticed before, but your right no thumbnails when I go to Tv gallery view. other than that seems to work fine

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:09 pm

Maybe they never worked ? Anyone seeing the thumbnails in the android version ?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:31 am

It used to. viewtopic.php?t=9916&hilit=mmc#p105863

I figured it was due to using a proxy server now, but I opened and forwarded ports on my router for this to test it out. Still no go for any images in the app but no problem using a browser on my phone. I'm thinking something in the newer versions of Android has broken that feature.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:56 am

Ohhhh that makes sense. Thanks for checking it out Gary.