WMC does not find any channels any more

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
hogend

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC does not find any channels any more

Post by hogend » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Because EPG was not working any more, I decided to give version 8.9.1 a try after my version 8.8.5 worked for a long time flawlessly in Win10. I had to see, that the tv setup does not find any channels after scanning. After I restored my backup of 8.8.5, all channels where present again, but without EPG.
Now I tried to use epg123, but during install I was again forced to perform the channel setup. And now even in 8.8.5 no channels will be found. When I copy back my saved eHome folder, all channels are back I had before. But it is no scan working any more. Also not in manual mode with adjusting the frequencies of the LNB.
In another tv programm the tuner works perfectly. It is a usb sat receiver PCTV 460e.

My Win10 version is 22H2. Any ideas?

hogend

Post by hogend » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:23 pm

I tried the same procedure on another Win 10 pc (pc2) using the same usb receiver. There was installed WMC 8.8.5 as on my pc1. Also on pc2 WMC runs perfect except epg, but some channels even have epg information what on pc1 was not the case.
I used the Uninstaller.cmd in admin mode, to deinstall WMC 8.8.5. After a reboot I installed WMC 8.9.1. And also on pc2, no tv channels were found any more.
Then I started the ResetSettings.cmd from the folder WMC-8.8.5 and reset all data from WMC. Then I started WMC and made a new scan of channels. Same result, no channels found any more. It is very curious.

kid.lazer

Post by kid.lazer » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Have you checked to make sure your tuner drivers are installed and working correctly?
ftp://ftp.pctvsystems.com/TV/driver/PCT ... 20880e.zip

hogend

Post by hogend » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:32 pm

Yes, should be ok, because "pctv tv center" shows all channels even with epg. And WMC do so, when I use my backup of eHome folder.
Btw. I could not open your link, browser ask for application and when I choose Chrome or Firefox nothing happens.

According to device manager, the driver is dated on 26.02.2019 from Hauppauge Computer Works