Can't select with mouse

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
kennycrossland

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't select with mouse

Post by kennycrossland » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:40 am

I am currently using W10 V1511. I got a new TV and when I would stream video in full screen, it would turn pink until I wne back to normal size. I removed the Nvidia GT 1030 and switched over to the Intel 4600 integrated graphics card. I then wasn't able to select the minimize, maximize or exit button on the upper right-hand side of the screen nor the volume up or down in the lower right in Windows Media Center. I went back to the GT 1030 and deleted the driver and let windows auto install. Same thing happened with that video card as well. I then went to configure your tv or monitor. When I change the resolution in WMC to something like 1280x768, I can use the mouse to choose one of these buttons. But as soon as I go back to 1080 I am back to where I started. I also noticed that if I bring up the guide and tried to use it to select a show, the mouse cursor needed to be 2 slots (listing grids) down and about half to the right. What I mean to say is if the show is an hour long, I need to be in the middle of that listing and 2 down then I can choose that listing.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

KC

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:12 am

I've had this happen a few times on a new installation but it has always sorted itself out after a reboot so i don't know what causes it.

kennycrossland

Post by kennycrossland » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:20 pm

After wrangling around with this, I put in an old GT 610 graphics card, let Windows install the driver. Same results. I powered down so I could button everything up and after the reboot, it all worked out on it's own.