Setting up live tv

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Megalocade

HTPC Specs: Show details

Setting up live tv

Post by Megalocade » Mon May 08, 2023 7:27 am

Hi folks

Does the live tv part of the standalone wmc install work, i wanted to setup live tv but it wants to download the files from Microsoft servers, it stays on that screen and doesnt go any further, i know Microsoft closed thier wmc servers down ages ago so how do i go about setting up live tv

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Mon May 08, 2023 12:47 pm

There is no guide data available from Microsoft any more. To set up live TV you need to get EPG123 (see the section of this forum for that), get a subscription to Schedules Direct for the guide information, and then when doing TV setup, refuse the guide when it comes up. You will then be able to proceed with TV setup. You use EPG123 to do your guide downloading and lineups.

Megalocade

Post by Megalocade » Wed May 10, 2023 1:14 am

unclebun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:47 pm There is no guide data available from Microsoft any more. To set up live TV you need to get EPG123 (see the section of this forum for that), get a subscription to Schedules Direct for the guide information, and then when doing TV setup, refuse the guide when it comes up. You will then be able to proceed with TV setup. You use EPG123 to do your guide downloading and lineups.
Thanks much appreciated, i don't need to use epg123 or schedules direct as I'm in the UK and running a freesat tv card so the epg issue isn't a problem as that data is over the air for 7 day epg.

https://flic.kr/p/2ozj7Wb
https://flic.kr/p/2ozefbZ

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Wed May 10, 2023 1:12 pm

You still have to refuse the Microsoft guide download to proceed with setup, even if you are not using EPG123.