Recorded Series Files - Show in Folders not working

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
silverlox

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded Series Files - Show in Folders not working

Post by silverlox » Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 am

I've a simple system here, Windows 10 with Garys installation of MCE and Schedules Direct for the guide.
Had to reinstall Windows 10 after a drive failure before I could do an OS backup. (Planned but never completed)

I'm being asked now why the recordings the wife makes all appear In a flat list when she wants all the series recordings to be in a separate folder per series.
So when she looks into recordings section, each series has its own folder with all recordings for that series inside it so she can see that series recordings only.

Have looked into the forums but my search terms come back with no relevant entries. So asking for help here

Thanks for looking and any help you can offer

Windows 10 pc, up to date with Microsoft.
UK TV
TBS6205 tuner, all working OK
No other programs installed.
Schedules Direct up to date
Recordings working, just not in folders

Space

Post by Space » Mon May 23, 2022 11:15 am

Above the list of recordings are different sort options. It appears that you are currently using either the "date recorded" or "original air date" sorting option. You can change this to "title" and it will then list each series (with the number of episodes of that series that have been recorded beside it in parenthesis) instead of each episode, and then when you select the series it will list all the episodes in that series.

Note that you can also get a more compact list of episodes by right-clicking one of the episodes (or using the "i" (info) button on the remote while an episode is highlighted) and then selecting "View List", to go back to the large thumbnails, do the same thing and choose "View Large". I personally always use the "list" view.

silverlox

Post by silverlox » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:41 am

Thanks, I'll check that out once I get it working again.
Having problems reinstalling WMC as I cannot uninstall the existing install.