Remove and re-add satellite transponder

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
technodevotee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remove and re-add satellite transponder

Post by technodevotee » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:34 am

When WMC was set up on my Living room PC, the frequency for one transponder was entered as 11024 when it should have been 11023. I used the setting given on King of Sat this time round, whereas I always used the ones given on Lyngsat in the past.

This was also a thing from way back when I had Hauppauge WinTV HD cards, which required different registry settings for each satellite for transponders with HD channels to work and it was never a problem. With the current tuners, no registry settings are required but it doesn't seem to work.

WMC found the channels on the transponder and sometimes they work fine but other times they seem to 'drift off tune' after a few minutes.

I have deleted the channels in EPG123 and rescanned the transponder but WMC doesn't find anything. I believe this is because it already 'knows about the channels as they are still assigned to something somewhere in the DB.

Annoyingly, the transponder has some of the channels that we use the most - naturally and all my attempts to repair the problem have failed.

Is it a hopeless case and I just need to blat the DB and start again, or can it be rescued?

I do hope it can be rescued because it is another two - three days reconfiguring everything.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:40 am

Well. I went back into EPG123 client and found that I could undelete the channels on 11023.

It seems to be working now.

I don't really understand how but all I can say is 'Phew'.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:05 pm

I created that feature for those "Phew" moments. ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 am

Well I'm certainly glad you did.

What puzzled me thought was; where did the entries for 11023 come from, how did they get deleted and how did WMC tune in the same channels on 11024?

It seemed from past experience that whenever WMC 'knew about' any given channel, even it wasn't visible, it would never find it again.