Recorded TV HD Addin

IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:05 pm

StinkyImp wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:19 pm OTA users already receive 95% of series and episode information so updating usually only requires artwork and episode numbers.
Yes, that approach works pretty well for OTA recordings. However, I use RTVHD for both OTA recordings and media files. For media files this means the show is completely unidentified until all the metadata is entered. Whilst it is possible to enter this manually, doing so is a real pain and in my opinion breaks this functionality.

As I said, I am still hopeful that this is not the end.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:21 pm

IT Troll wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:05 pmYes, that approach works pretty well for OTA recordings. However, I use RTVHD for both OTA recordings and media files.
I'm purely OTA so it's completely viable for me. I usually picked a morning every week or two while I'm sipping coffee to do the updates.

I feel like I'm getting close to our termination point for WMC. Currently all it would take is a major hardware failure or the obsolescence/attrition of some of the software or websites that will be the catalyst for us to "move on". I don't know when that will occur but it will most likely be with a whimper rather than a bang... and it will be a sad day.

Bottom line -> When the WAF is gone, WMC gets kicked to the curb. Until then we struggle on. ;)

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Interesting to note that Infuse, which I use with my Apple TV, has made the switch from TheTVDB to TMDb for TV show metadata.

I have noticed recently that some new smaller TV shows have really limited data on TheTVDB. It is feeling like the wider community have had enough and moved on from TheTVDB.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

dopdahl

Post by dopdahl » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Making the switch to v.4 of the TVDB api should be somewhat trivial... Before I do that, I'll look into switching the tv stuff over to TMDb... That's likely a lot more work and time, which I don't have a lot of these days.

I'll try to get a look at all of this over this weekend.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:52 pm

Either would be great. Many thanks for looking into this for us.

Fillimerica

Post by Fillimerica » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Recently most of the shows are showing in RecordedTV HD with a thumbnail that is malformed. Like this:

The WTV file previews correctly in regular Recorded TV and in Explorer, so this seems to be an issue with RTVHD generating its local thumbnails in its Images\Thumbs folder.
System is Win 7 Home straight 32-bit.
For a while I thought it was Icaros thumbnail extension that is distributed with the Shark007 & K-lite codec packs, but I think I have disabled it.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong?
Thanks.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:21 pm

I’m not having that problem. Can you tell from the dates on thumbnails when it started happening? Perhaps have a look in Add Remove Programs to see if anything was installed at that time.

Fillimerica

Post by Fillimerica » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:16 pm

I think it started happening around the time I installed the latest Shark007 codec pack. I like to periodically keep the codecs patched but I'm guessing that an update to some tool broke how Recorded TV HD generates it's own thumbnail files.
I'm going to revert back to an earlier Shark007 codec pack from last year and see if that fixes it.

Anyone have any idea what DLL or process is used to build the Recorded TV HD thumbnails?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 pm

I think he has a separate program for thumbnails that might be included with his codec packs. https://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development

Fillimerica

Post by Fillimerica » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:14 pm

It appears that Recorded TV HD creates jpeg based images in folder c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\ privately for its own use separate from the Windows Explorer thumbnailing system.
The thumbnails shown in explorer were never corrupted, just the jpg files created in the folder I listed. Unfortunately, the Icaros software is not very visible. I ran the Icaros configuration and disabled it, and even unregistered some of the components but without knowing how Recorded TV HD was extracting the jpeg image file from the wtv source files it was unclear if that was doing anything. For all I know the problem might lie in an updated video codec that is being used for image extraction.

Nonetheless, I rolled back Shark007 to 13.1.4 from February 2020, and that seems to have resolved the issue with RTVHD.

Thanks for the help.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Glad to hear you got it fixed. It could easy be either of those things. I avoid installing codec packs for this reason. Codecs and filters get installed into the DirectShow playback chain and can cause strange interactions.

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:18 pm

I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of RecordedTVHD. When I install the 2.0.3 Beta, the service will no longer start and says that it needs credentials for network drives. I don't have any network drives connected to my computer. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:04 pm

That is an odd message if you don’t have any network drives, but 2.0.3 won’t really function anymore anyway. I would recommend applying the 2.1.1 community patch and see where that gets you.

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Applied the 2.0.3 patch and I still get the same message. Bummer.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:30 pm

The 2.1.1 patch? There must be some reference to a network path somewhere.

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:37 pm

Yes, the 2.1.1 patch in your signature.

I did not have to enter network credentials before I upgraded. Where would the network path be? I only watch my RecordedTV folder. It's on another internal drive, but that shouldn't need a password.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:13 pm

There are two locations where this could be set. Within Media Center itself in the settings menu. Also within the Recorded TV HD Settings (separate app on the Start Menu).

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 pm

I did find media links to another computer in WMC media libraries. But I told RecordedTVHD not to monitor WMC folders, just the RecordedTV folder I entered manually.

So I removed the all of the folders from the other computer inside of WMC. WMC only references local drives now.

Now it fails to start the service and says the service can't log in.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:16 am

Hmm. In Recorded TV HD Settings > General Settings, is the section for entering UNC path credentials completely empty?
Perhaps also check what account the service is configured to use in Services. It should be configured to use Local System account.

RTVHDSA.png

Failing that, can you post the relevant section from you log file.
C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Logs

thorhtpc

Post by thorhtpc » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:13 am

I went back to the version I was using before trying to upgrade, and can't test upgrading again until next week. But I will look at those setting and post the log file when I play around again.

Thank you for your help.