All channel numbers are -1 in lineup in EPG123 Client

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Didi123

HTPC Specs: Show details

All channel numbers are -1 in lineup in EPG123 Client

Post by Didi123 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi,
I have lost all programs in WMC behalf 3 :shock: and searched for the cause. I found all channel numbers on -1 in the line up the Client Guide Tool. I'm using the Freesat - Astra 19.2E lineup. Normally I've only one lineup in the Client, now I find two, the other is called ZZZ113 Dummy Lineup. I've already tried restore from a backup and this gives a good looking channel numbers. But after the next update, the channel number are again all -1. I've checked the EPG123 Configuration and find there just one lineup active, it's the Freesat -Astra 19.2E. My version is 1.3.10.
Hope somebody can give me a good hint. Thanks!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm not understanding completely, but for the downloaded lineup (for DVB-S) the channels numbers that will show on the right side of the client will be -1. This is by design since the channel numbers that are assigned by WMC (left side of the client) can be arbitrary and not match what may be provided by Schedules Direct. Making them -1 makes sure that the automatch routine for EPG123 doesn't improperly map to the wrong channels.

Is there anything in your trace.log file to indicate a problem? If you want, you can send the trace.log file to support@garyan2.net and I can take a look.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Didi123

Post by Didi123 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just send you the trace.log by e-mail.

Didi123

Post by Didi123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 am

garyan2 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 pm I'm not understanding completely, but for the downloaded lineup (for DVB-S) the channels numbers that will show on the right side of the client will be -1. This is by design since the channel numbers that are assigned by WMC (left side of the client) can be arbitrary and not match what may be provided by Schedules Direct. Making them -1 makes sure that the automatch routine for EPG123 doesn't improperly map to the wrong channels.

Is there anything in your trace.log file to indicate a problem? If you want, you can send the trace.log file to support@garyan2.net and I can take a look.
You made me ignoring the -1 which was good. I've seen that all the subscriptions were missing on the left sideline of the Client. After redoing all of them it looks ok. :D
Can they get lost with an update?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 am

Didi123 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 amYou made me ignoring the -1 which was good. I've seen that all the subscriptions were missing on the left sideline of the Client. After redoing all of them it looks ok. :D
Can they get lost with an update?
No, the mapping should stay. The only way I can think of for them to get lost is if you run TV Setup again.

I sent a request to you in an email to create a backup in the client and send me the zip file. I am working on some code right now that will map the guide listings of DVB-S station to the channels using the SID. With this code, the Match by: [# Number] button will work for those DVB-S lineups even though the channel number shows -1.

EDIT: the mapping can disappear if you delete the lineup from the database as well. That would be a second way to lose the mapping.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Didi123

Post by Didi123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Thanks, Gary!

I'm sure I've not done a TV-Setup, but I'm not sure that I've not deleted and newly loaded the lineup. Anyway I'll keep both in mind for the future. I sent the backup file this morning.

Thank you for continuously working on improvements! :clap: